~ 7 ~

Derek sat outside the school waiting in his car for the kids to come out. he arrived a little later then he usually did but the kids didn't notice he sat outside the school for eighteen minutes instead of twenty.

he would have been on time if it wasn't for the traffic.

he turned off his phone when he saw Madeleine walking towards the vehicle. he unlocked the doors when she got to the car. she opened the door and climbed insdie the passenger seat.

"You know one of these days I'm going to get pulled over for having you in the front," he says as he placed his hand on the back of her head. he leaned over and kissed the side of her head.

"How was school, boring, fun, the same as yesterday, or was it bad?" he asked as he started the car again. the front of the school is where Madeleine came out and the back of the school was where Michael and Violet came out of.

"It was boring. there's this stupid boy in my class who keeps picking on me, my friend Amy said it meant he liked me, is that true?" she said as she put on her seatbelt and Derek drove around the school.

"No, if a boy picks on you it means he's an idiot.. and if that is the reason he's picking on you then he's even more of an idiot," when they got to the other side of the school he parked the car and turned it off and waited for Michael and Violet.

"Well then how do I get him to stop?"

"if telling the teacher doesn't work the try ignoring you, the only thing he'll get out of it is annoying you and if you pretend like you don't care then he no longer gets anything out of it," he didn't want his girls to believe that if a boy throws things like pencils and rocks meant that a boy liked you.

the only thing it taught girls to get used to boys hurting you and that if a boy hit you or threw something at you it meant he liked you and that's why so many women were in abusive relationships and thought it meant they were loved. they were taught it when they were children and they continued to believe it their entire lives.

"How long does it take for them to be done? they're going to make us sit here forever," Madeleine groaned as she leaned back into her seat.

"They'll be here soon, in a couple of minutes their teacher will let them out," he said as he continued to text Meredith.

"Who are you texting?" Madeleine asked as she looked over at his phone.

"Meredith. You know I think that's the first time you've asked who I was texting and I told the truth," he said looking at her. she only rolled her eyes in return.

"What about her do you love? what makes her so special compared to every other woman in the world?"

"She just is, I don't know I-... there's just something about her that makes me love her.. but I don't think you would want to hear any of that," he smiled, he texted Meredith that he was going to leave the school and didn't want to text and drive and that he would text her when he got home.

"No I don't, but she better be amazing when I met her," she rolled down the window to let some cool air in.

"So you agree to meet her? you won't say horrible things and talk about your mother to make her uncomfortable?" he said as he turned off his phone and put it back into his pocket.

"No promises. Michael and Violet are coming, start the car," she said as she put her seatbelt back on and the kids ran to the car and got insdie.

"Please hurry, I have to pee and Violet wouldn't let me go at school," Michael said as he put on his seatbelt.

"You should have gone earlier," Violet said as she also put on her seatbelt.

"Yeah, just let Dad finish texting his girlfriend first and then he'll take us home," Madeleine rolled her eyes.

"I put my phone away a few minutes ago," he said as he pulled out of the parking lot and got on the road.

"Did you see her today again Daddy?" Violet asked.

"I did, she was the who kept telling me to pick you three up because I wanted to leave you hear longer,"

"As long as we get home in time so I don't pee in the car," Michael said as he squeezed his legs togehter.

"Please dont do that," Derek looked at him through the mirror.

"You were really going to leave us here just to spend time with your girlfriend?" Madeleine looked at him in disbeilf.

"No, I was kidding Maddy," he chuckeled.

"But you saw her again?" VIolet asked.

"Yes, I saw her again today, I told her a lot about you," he smiled at her through the mirror.

"That's good, I want her to like me" she said as she looked outside the window, lightly kicking her legs back and forth.

Madeleine rolled her eyes in annoyence of her little sister. she figured that the only reason Violet wanted Meredith to like her and why she was so because she wanted a new mommy.

she knew her motehr would come home one day and this Meredith who wanted to replace her mother would have to leave.

she figured the only reason her father said he was never in love with her mother was becuase Meredith had brainwashed him into thinking that.

her mother would come back soon and she would have her real family back together again the way it should have always been.

*******************************************
Words: 984

*******************************************Words: 984