~ 13 ~

he made sure Violet was upstairs before he walked outside the front door. he walked down both side of the street to find any sign of Madeleine, but she wasn't there.

he couldn't leave Michael and Violet at home for too long so he went back inside the house and called Mark.

he called Mark multiple times but he didn't answer, then Derek remembered Mark had a big surgery today.

So he called the first person that came to mind.

"This is Meredith Grey," she answered the phone.

"Meredith? I need to ask for a favor," he asked a bit hesitant.

"Sure, what is it?" She asked. She was home now after she had ran a few errands.

"Madeleine ran away. I don't know where she is, we had an argument and she ran away and I don't know where she is.. I can't go look for her and leave the kids at home alone.... Can you come over for a bit and watch them until I've found Madeleine?" He asked nervously.

"Sure, I'll be right over," she said without hesitation.

"Alright, thank you," he replied before hanging up the phone.

He hung up the phone and placed it down.

"Dad, where's Madeleine?" Michael asked as he came downstairs and into the living room where he was.

"I don't know, she left. And I have to go look for her but I can't leave you and your sister here alone so I called Meredith and she's going to come here and stay with you two until I've found her," he told him.

"C-cant you call grandma?" He liked Meredith but he hardly knew her and was scared to be alone with someone he hardly knew.

"Bud, she lives all the way in New York... I know it's a little scary but I tired calling your uncle mark but he has a big surgery today and didn't answer the phone and Meredith picked up right away... and maybe this will be a good way for you to get to know her better.. okay?"

"Okay," he nodded.

Around ten minutes later they heard a call pull into the driveway.

"Meredith's here. I don't know how long I'll be gone but I won't come back until I've found Madeleine," he told Michael.

"What if you don't find her?"

"I will, she wouldn't have gone far,"

Derek grabbed his keys and left the front door.

"Hey, is everything okay?" She asked softly as she walked up to him.

"No. Madeleine and I had a big argument about you and I was talking to Violet and the next thing I knew it she was gone and the front door was open and I don't know where she is, Mer, I don't know where she is," he panicked.

"It's alright. I'm sure she's fine Derek. She nine she couldn't have gone very far. The only problem is it's starting getting to get dark so you should start looking for her," she told him.

She hugged him and kissed him softly before she went in the house.

He got into his car and pulled out of the driveway and began to drive around the neighborhood.

Meredith walked through the front door and locked it behind her. she sighed as she placed her purse down by the front door and took off her coat.

she looked around the house that seemed to be empty, Violet was nowhere and neither was Michael.

she took off her sunglasses and grabbed her phone. she put her sunglasses away and sat down on the couch and just went on her phone for a little bit while the kids did their thing.

"Where's Daddy?" Violet asked as she walked into the living room with her teddy bear in her arm.

"He went to go look for your sister," she answered turning her phone off.

"Where did she go?"

"We don't know yet. she ran away and your dad's going to drive around until he finds her,"

"But what if he never finds her?"

"Then he'll call the police and they'll help look for her," she smiled softly.

"So she's never coming back,"

"No, no. she's coming back. your father knows the neighborhood very well and I'm sure he'll find her soon.. and until then I'll stay with you and your brother,"

"so.. she's coming back soon?"

"Yes, she'll be back soon,"

"Yes, I don't see why not... what time do you kids usually go to bed, I don't know how long your dad will be gone and I don't want to keep you up for too long,"

"around ten on weekends?" she shrugged.

"okay it's almost nine. what do you usually do before bed?" she asked. she didn't really know what she was doing. she had never babysat a child let alone a child that was her boyfriends.

"I just play but I don't want to be alone and daddy promised he would play with me before he left," she said. she sat down in the living room carpet and started playing.

"Alright. if you need anything let me know," she told her.

**************************************
Words: 851

**************************************Words: 851