Chapter 29 - Mascot Stealing Competition

Natsu's POV

After a couple of hours of driving, we crawled out of Erza's death trap of a car. She drove a sedan as red as her hair. There were two reasons I called her car a death trap. One, she doesn't have an anti-motion sickness lacrima in her car, so I feel like my stomach wants to jump out of my body, and two, she drives like a maniac. Once my stomach settled, I looked up to see where we were. I was confused when I saw we were standing in front of Sabertooth Magic Academy.

"What are we doing here?" Gray asked. "Do they know who took Lucy?" I asked afterward. "We'll see" Erza said and then walked through Sabertooth's gates. Gray and I gave each other a confused look before the three of us followed her inside. Sabertooth students stared at us and whispered to each other as we walked past.

When we reached the admin building, Erza slammed open the door. Minerva at the front desk looked up with an eyebrow raised. "Where's Principal Sting?" Erza asked. Speak of the devil, Sting walked into the room from his office down the hall. "Natsu! Oh, and I see Erza, Gray, and Happy are here with you. What a nice surprise. What do you need from me?" he asked. "Where's Lucy?" Erza demanded and then Vice Principal Rogue walked into the room from his office to see what the commotion was. "What?" I questioned, confused about where Erza was going with this. Why would Lucy be here?

"I don't know who you're talking about" Sting replied, acting innocent. "Do not take me for a fool. Natsu has been a mess since she was kidnapped and I know you know where she is" Erza said, calmly. Sting sighed, "follow me" he replied and then walked out of the building. We followed him along with Rogue and Minerva to their giant library. Sabertooth is known for having the best library on the continent called the Saber Archive.

"Normally we don't let outsiders in but as Principal I'll make an exception this time" Sting said as he opened the doors. 'Were some boring books going to tell me where I can find Lucy?' I wondered. We followed him to a section of the library where we saw... "Lucy?!" I exclaimed as I saw her relaxing on a lounge with a book in her hands and a steaming hot chocolate with two marshmallows on the coffee table beside her.

She looked up from her book in surprise and happiness but not for the reason I was expecting. "Natsu! Erza, Gray, Happy, have you seen how amazing this library is? They have so many rare books that I can't find in bookstores! Plus, Yukino makes the best hot chocolates" she said with stars in her eyes. "Here is that book you were looking for" Yukino said as she walked over with a book in her hand. "Oh hi everyone" she added when she noticed us standing with Lucy.

"Wait a minute, what the hell is going on?!" I shouted. I was so confused. "Well after Sting and Rogue kidnapped me from our school last night, they took me to their place and explained the situation. At first, I was against the idea until Sting told me I could read as many books as I like in their exclusive library during my stay here in exchange for me behaving" Lucy explained. I grabbed Sting's collar and brought his face close to mine. "Why did you kidnap my girlfriend?!" I growled with a glare. "Chill Natsu, I took Lucy as part of our annual 'Mascot Stealing' competition" he replied with his hands up in mock surrender.

During a certain time every year, Sting and I have a contest where we take each other's mascot. Normally the mascots were Happy for Fairy Tail and Frosch for Sabertooth. "Our mascot stealing rivalry doesn't start for another few weeks and that doesn't explain why you took Lucy" I argued with another growl. Sting shrugged, "the early bird gets the worm and I thought I'd change it up this year since she's a new teacher and your girlfriend" he replied. I shoved him back and walked over to Lucy.

"Did he touch you or anything?" I asked while looking around her body for any injuries or signs that he touched her. "No, they've been nice and respectful the entire time. Well, except for kidnapping me against my will part" she replied. I was relieved to hear that Sting and Rogue didn't do anything inappropriate to her at least. "That's good to hear but I was really worried. Why didn't you answer any of my calls? You could've at least let me know you were safe" I asked. "Oh that reminds me" Sting spoke up, remembering something as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out Lucy's phone and lightly threw it to her. She caught it and quickly glanced through her messages. "I took it away so she couldn't contact you and ruin our competition" Sting explained. Well, that explains why she didn't answer my calls.

I sighed and then pulled Lucy's arm up to make her stand. She looked confused until I started dragging her towards the exit by her wrist. "Natsu wait, I haven't finished reading this book!" she complained. "You can borrow it Lucy!" Sting called out from behind us and I growled quietly to myself. "Thank you!" she called back before we left the building with Happy following us. When we reached Erza's car, I sat against the car bonnet and crossed my arms. I couldn't believe Sting tricked me like that and brought Lucy into this.

After a couple of minutes, Erza and Gray walked out after talking to Sabertooth. "I'm glad you're alright Lucy. Flame Brain over there was freaking out when you disappeared" Gray said while pointing at me. "Shut up Ice Stripper! Or I'll tell them about last night" I shouted back and his face went pale. I smirked at our little secret. "What happened last night?" Lucy and Happy asked, curiously. "Nothing!" Gray panicked. Erza gently put a hand on Lucy's shoulder. "Anyway, I'm glad to see you are alright Lucy. We should return to Fairy Tail. I'm sure the other teachers and your students will be happy to see you back safe" Erza said and then jumped into the driver's seat. I jumped off the car in a panic. "Wait, do I have to get back in that death trap?!" I exclaimed, realising Erza would be driving us back to Fairy Tail.