Chapter 21 - Fire Magic Class

Lucy's POV

After running all over the school, Natsu lost Erza and then took me to his class at the school oval. By the looks of things, he shouldn't have left Happy in charge because the said cat was tied up and hanging from a tree. Poor Happy was crying as the students were playfighting with their fire magic. They were burning everything around them. If this keeps up, they might accidentally burn down the whole school! 

"Ah, Natsu?" I didn't know what to say about the situation in front of us. "Oops" I heard Natsu mutter as he quickly put me down. 'Urgh finally' I thought, stretching my stiff limbs. Being carried over his shoulder is not the most comfortable place to be while being chased around the entire school by Erza. I bet not many people can say they've been kidnapped from a classroom by a pyromaniac and got chased by Erza twice. Why do I have a feeling this might become a habit? Hopefully not!

Natsu ran over to his class and sucked up all the fire. The students' attention turned to Natsu as they watched their flames get eaten by him. The entire area was scorched. Principal Makarov isn't going to be happy about this. Natsu walked over to Happy and burnt the ropes off him. The students silently watch on, not daring to say a word. "All of you will get afternoon detention tomorrow. For now, let's start the lesson" Natsu said sternly and then one of the boys put their hand up. "What is it Hiro?" Natsu asked. "Why did you bring Miss Heartfilia?" he asked and the entire class took a glance at me. "Ah, I wanted to show Miss Heartifilia what all of you can do" Natsu replied while nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"You just wanted to show off to your girlfriend" Max, one of the students I recognised from one of my classes, said and the entire class laughed as Natsu looked shocked. I blushed at being called Natsu's girlfriend by the students. Hopefully, this doesn't become a rumour around the whole school. "N-No! And she's not my girlfriend!" Natsu shouted nervously in defence. "Wife then?" Hiro retorted and the class laughed again. "No! Geez, stop embarrassing me! It's not fair you all teaming up against me" Natsu complained with a blush on his face which made the class laugh harder. I giggled at their shenanigans. It shows from their interactions that Natsu really cares for his students, and they respect him in return.

"Ahem, anyway, let's get back to the lesson" Natsu said, and the students quietened down. "Today we are going to learn how to turn our magic into fireworks. All magic types and elements can do this. Miss Heartfilia, would you like to demonstrate with me?" he asked, with a confident grin. "I'd be happy too" I said as I pulled out Loke's key.

I lifted the key straight above my head and spun it in a circular motion creating a magic circle above my head. Beside me, Natsu shot three fireballs into the sky. My magic shot straight into the sky and both our magic exploded into fireworks. "Wow" the students watched in awe. Natsu and I gave each other a high five. "Now pair up and practice" Natsu told the class. The students excitedly paired up and spread out around the field to practice.

"Thanks for helping me demonstrate Lucy" Natsu said, turning my attention to him. "It was no problem. I see your students really admire you" I replied. "You think so? I think they like to tease me, especially Hiro" he said and we chuckled together. After watching Natsu's class create fireworks out of their magic for an hour, the bell rang signalling the end of class. It reminded me I had left Jellal to teach our class alone.

"I've got to go. See you two later. Bye class, have a great weekend!" I waved to the class who all waved back. I speed walked back to my classroom while weaving past students leaving to go home. Once I reached the classroom, I found Jellal cleaning up. "I'm so sorry Jellal. Let me finish cleaning up" I said as I walked inside the classroom. He gave me a kind smile, "don't worry about it, Lucy. I'm almost finished cleaning up. It is Natsu's fault for kidnapping you. I've asked Erza to talk to him" he replied. By coincidence, we heard Natsu scream outside. We looked out the window to see Natsu running away screaming with Erza hot on his tail with a sword in her hand. When they went out of view, we looked at each other before closing the windows.