Chapter 12 - Pandoro Castle

Lucy's POV

Today started off in the weirdest possible way. I was sleeping peacefully in my bed but when I opened my eyes, I was greeted with Natsu's face a few inches in front of mine staring at me. My first reaction was to scream which he immediately covered his ears. "Ow, why did you scream?" he asked as he sat up and uncovered his ears. "Why are you in my bed and watching me sleep?!" I demanded while sitting up and shuffling to the edge of the bed. "I was making sure you weren't cold" he replied innocently. "That doesn't mean you can lie in my bed with me" I said and then climbed out of the bed.

"Where are you going?" he asked. "To have a bath" I replied without looking at him. "Can I join?" he innocently asked. "No!" I shouted back and he pouted. "But who's going to wash your back?" he asked. "DON'T YOU DARE COME IN!" I shouted before slamming my bathroom door.

After I bathed and we had breakfast, I locked up my apartment and walked over to the Fire Dragon with Natsu and Happy. Natsu opened up the seat, showing a hidden compartment, and pulled out a white helmet with a vibrant pink Fairy Tail insignia on the side. "I thought that since we're a team, you'll need your own helmet" he said as he handed it to me. A small blush dusted my cheeks. I couldn't believe he got me a helmet of my own.

He swung his leg over the motorbike and looked over his shoulder at me. "Get on" he said before putting his black helmet on. I slipped my new helmet on and swung my leg over behind him. Before I could wrap my arms around his waist, he grabbed my hands and pulled my arms around him. My cheeks blushed. "Remember to hold on tight" he said before revving up his motorbike. A second after I tightened my grip on him, he zoomed off with Happy flying beside us.

After an hour of driving, we arrived at the client's castle. "Wow!" Natsu and Happy said in amazement as they stared up that the building. I walked ahead of the boys and headed for the door. Two male guards stood at the door. "Hi, we're from Fairy Tail. We're here because of a job request" I told the two guards. They both looked down and noticed my Fairy Tail insignia on my hand. "Ah, Lord Pandoro mentioned you were coming. Go on through" one of them said as they opened the doors for us. "Thank you" I said and walked through the door. I took a few steps into the castle before I heard the guards groan in pain behind me. I whipped my head around to see the guards holding their heads while glaring at Natsu who had a fist raised.

"Natsu! Why did you hit them?" I shouted while stomping over to him. "It's nothing" he said as he grabbed my wrist and then pulled me further inside the castle. "Perverts" I heard Natsu mutter angrily, but I was confused on why he said that.

"Ah, Fairy Tail. Thank you for coming. I am Lord Pandoro. Welcome to Pandoro Castle" we were greeted by a man with short wavy grey hair on top of the main staircase. He was wearing dark blue royal attire underneath a velvet red cape with fluffy white fur decorating the edges. "It's an honour to meet you Lord Pandoro my name is Lucy and these are my-" "teammates!" Natsu interrupted which surprised me. He turned towards me with a big smile. I don't understand why he interrupted me when I was about to say that. "Ah, yeah. As I was saying, this is Natsu and Happy" I finished. "Lovely to meet you three. Please follow me to my office" he said before turning around. We followed him to his office where we sat down on some comfy lounge chairs across from him as he sat at his desk. "We know from the request that you want us to guard your daughter at a party you are throwing this weekend, but could you tell us more information?" I asked politely.

"Of course. Tonight, we are hosting a coming-of-age party for my only daughter, Clarisse. She's also meant to be proposed by her childhood best friend Duke Randolph later tonight but keep that a secret. She doesn't know he's going to propose" he explained. "How sweet" I commented with a bright smile. Someday, I hope someone will propose to me.

"Now to the problem. For the last two months, Clarisse has been stalked by a strange man. My guards have tried to catch him, but he slips away from them every time. We know he's a wizard because some of my guards have been shrunk by him. I want you three to protect my daughter from this man and catch him before he does any more damage" he continued explaining. "We'll make sure he doesn't crash the party" Natsu replied. "Aye" Happy said afterwards. "We won't let you down sir" I said to try and ease Lord Pandoro's mind. "Thank you" he replied with a smile. Time to get out the fancy dress and high heel shoes.