Chapter 13 - Lady Clarisse

Natsu's POV

Argh, I hate wearing suits. I was wearing a black suit jacket with a white dress shirt underneath, black suit pants and a red collar around my neck. Lord Pandoro insisted we wear formal attire during the party tonight. This was so uncomfortable to wear. I repeatedly tugged at my collar, trying to make the suit more comfortable but it wasn't helping. They even put Happy into a mini tux. I'm surprised they made one in his size in time for the party.

"I can't wait for this job to end" I muttered to myself as I stood alone in one of Lord Pandoro's guest bedrooms. Happy left earlier to see if any fish dishes were being served at the party. A knock on the door broke the silence. "Natsu? Are you done changing?" I heard Lucy's voice from the other side. "Yeah" I replied, and then she opened the door. Her appearance left me stunned.

She wore a royal red dress with a sweetheart neckline and a ruffled slit going all the way up her left leg. A pale pink bow wrapped around her waist and rested on top of the slit. Her hair was pulled into a side ponytail with a royal red rose holding her hair up. Royal red high heels completed the outfit. 'Pretty' my mind couldn't help but think as my cheeks blushed.

"Wow, you look good in a suit" she complimented in slight surprise. "Thanks, you look really pretty too" I replied, the blush not leaving my face. "Are you feeling ok? You look a bit red" she asked with a bit of concern. "I'm fine. I just hate wearing suits" I replied while tugging my collar, making up an excuse for my red face. As I said that, I realised that Lucy seemed almost comfortable in her dress. The way she was standing looked like she's been to these types of parties a hundred times before.

"Are you sure you're not feeling sick?" she asked. "No, I'm fighting fit" I replied with a bright smile while flexing my arm. "Well good because we're going to be late for the party if you don't hurry up" she smiled, revealing the real reason why she came in the first place, before leaving my guest bedroom. I rolled my eyes before smiling at her sassy tone. 'I like it better when she was worried about me' I jokingly thought with a chuckle before following after her.

After Lucy and I found Happy, we headed towards Lord Pandoro's office. Lucy knocked on the door and then we heard Lord Pandoro say 'enter' from the other side. As we opened the door, we spotted a lady with wavy chocolate brown hair standing next to Lord Pandoro. She wore a jade green ballgown. In my opinion, Lucy looked prettier.

"Perfect timing" Lord Pandoro said with a smile as he saw us. "Natsu, Lucy, Happy, I'd like you to meet my daughter, Clarisse" he said while pointing to his daughter. "It's lovely to meet you Lady Clarisse" Lucy curtsied. I was surprised with how natural she was with talking like an aristocrat. Suddenly, she purposely jabbed my ribs with her elbow. Normal, violent Lucy is back... She looked up at me with a glare as if she was saying 'don't be rude and bow'. I instantly took the message and bowed slightly, along with Happy. It felt so unnatural to me.

"My dear, these are the bodyguards I've told you about" Lord Pandoro mentioned to his daughter. "I remember Father" Lady Clarisse said politely, and then I noticed Lucy flinch slightly. I was confused by her action but decided to ask her later. Lady Clarisse stepped forward and curtsied the same way Lucy did. "Thank you for taking on this request. Please take care of me" she said. Her sweet tone reminds me of Mira.

"Don't worry, Lady Clarisse. You're in good hands" Lucy told her with a smile. Lady Clarisse smiled back and then turned to her father. "Father" she said and I noticed Lucy flinch again. "May I take a stroll in the gardens before the party?" she asked. "As long as Natsu, Lucy and Happy accompany you" Lord Pandoro replied. She nodded and then walked towards us. "Follow me" she said to us before walking past us and towards the door. Without a word, Lucy followed behind Lady Clarisse. Happy and I glanced at each other before following them. It's weird seeing Lucy act this way so naturally. I definitely need to find out why along with her strange flinches after we finish this job.