Chapter 24 - This Feeling

Natsu's POV

I rubbed my head where Lucy punched me and sat on her bed beside her. "I meant to wash off the man's scent. His scent is still on you" I explained. "Oh, then I'll go have a shower but NO PEEKING" Lucy lightly scolded before walking to the bathroom. While she was in the shower, my thoughts went back to when I saved Lucy from those men. Gajeel and I were hanging out at the park when we saw what was happening to the girls. What was that strange feeling I felt when I saw them harassing her?

"What is this feeling?" I questioned out loud. "I thought I might you here, Natsu. What's on your mind?" I heard Happy ask as he flew through the window and sat beside me on the bed. "Huh? Oh hey Happy. Earlier I saved Lucy from those perverts that Gramps told us about, but I felt angrier than normal. All I could think about was 'how dare this creep touch what's mine'" I explained with a growl at the end. "You looooove~ her" he purred. At first I brushed off his words as a joke but then I thought about it more. Do I love her? I mean, I love messing with her, I love going on jobs with her, I love watching her teach, I want to burn other men to ash when they try to take her away from me......Crap I do love her, but how do I tell her?

Lucy walked back into the room in a white tube top with a blue heart on the front, blue sleeveless jacket, blue long detachable sleeves, black mini skirt, black knee-high stockings, and tall brown boots. She looked pretty as always. The sound of her doorbell caught our attention. Lucy walked over to the door and opened it. "Gray, come in. I just need to grab a few things before we go" she said as she opened the door wider to let Gray in. Gr, I forgot Lucy was going on a job with him. He's clearly trying to swoop in and take my girl. Go back to Juvia ya Pervy Popsicle!

While Lucy was putting some last-minute stuff in her bag, I gave him a glare which he returned. "Alright, I'm ready now" Lucy said and we immediately stopped glaring at each other before she could see. I couldn't let her go yet. As much as I want to join her mission in secret to protect her, I want to show her that I trust her and that she doesn't need my protection, but I'll always be there for her.

As they were heading to the door, I got an idea. "Wait!" I jumped out of my seat and pushed Gray out of the door. "What the-" Gray complained before I slammed the door in his face. "Hold on Ice Stripper" I called out and then pulled Lucy by her hand to her bed. "What are you doing?" she questioned in confusion as I sat her down on the bed with me. Here I go...

"Lucy, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked and her eyes widened in shock. "What?" she questioned. I thought maybe she didn't hear me. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked again. Her jaw dropped at my question and her silence was deafening. "Ah Lucy?" I said nervously, awaiting her answer. She shook herself out of her surprise trance. "Oh ah, wow I didn't expect to hear that question from you. I don't even know what to think" she rambled. Her eyes looked all over the place as she processed her thoughts. I stayed quiet waiting anxiously for her to give me an answer while my heart pounded in my chest.

She paused her rambling and stayed quiet for a moment. My mind wondered what she was thinking. "Yes" she replied quietly but I heard her clearly. "Yes?! You'll be my girlfriend?" I asked, wanting to make sure she meant it. She nodded and a big smile grew on my face. "Great!" I cheered as I grasped her hand. I noticed she immediately noticed her blush as soon as our hands touched. 'She's so cute when she blushes' I thought.

As much as I want to kiss her lips, I want to give her a bit of time to adjust to being my girlfriend. I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and her whole face became red like Erza's hair. For now, this will have to do. "Come on, you've got a job to get to and Droopy Eyes has been waiting long enough" I said as I stood up.

I pulled her to the door and opened it to see a shirtless Gray leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "She's ready now and if anything happens to my girlfriend, I'll burn you to a pile of ash. Got me? Also, put a shirt on. Have fun Lucy, see you when you get back" I said as I pushed Lucy out of the apartment and slammed the door. "Girlfriend?!" I heard Gray exclaim from behind the door. "Wait, that's my apartment!" I also heard Lucy complain.