34 :: 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦

HAPPY 40,000!!

DISCLAIMER
this is my first time writing content like this so it's bound to be bad. i also have NO experience to go from so please please please just try with me.
there's also a warning before it starts so if you DO want to skip, you can skip it. it's not relevant to the plot so i promise you won't miss anything! 

i also have not proofread this so pls excuse any mistakes

also very long chapter 5,500+ words

───✰✰✰✰✰───

!! Warning !!
This chapter contains sexual content.
Read at your own risk.

───✰✰✰✰✰───

There's been an accident.

───✰✰✰✰✰───

"MY MOM WON'T be home for a while," Jess said, twisting his key in the lock. "So it'll just be us till whenever she gets back."

Melissa nodded. "Is she working?"

"Working, doing drugs, getting knocked up, who knows, right?" He shrugged, exasperated. Melissa knew that Jess and his mom didn't have the best relationship but she didn't know to what extent exactly. She assumed from this that it was on the near side to shambles. Melissa had seen Liz before, once when she was doing homework with Luke and Liz came to the diner to argue with Luke about something. She'd been high on something strong when she arrived and Luke didn't waste any time sending Melissa upstairs so she didn't have to see. She was eleven then.

If only Luke knew what Melissa got up to at the weekends when there was no school. Her past times didn't exactly differ from Liz's.

"Oh, right," Melissa said.

Jess pushed open the door, walking in first before Melissa followed him inside. He closed the door behind her and then tossed his keys into a bowl by the door. "So this is where I live."

He moved further into the apartment, turning down the hall. Melissa followed, turning to her left. There was door, just an empty doorway that opened up to a living room and kitchen area.

To the right was the kitchen. There was a small table in the corner, a vase of half dead flowers in the centre. The breakfast bar had two stools. A few stray dishes were scattered across the countertops.

The living room part was directly in front of you when you walked in. There was a corner sofa with multiple blankets and pillows tossed in every which direction. The television was on a stand across from the sofa, the window to the left of it all.

The walls were bare, but the kitchen fridge was decorated with bright colours. The hand turkey is what caught Melissa's eyes. She dropped her bag by the door, making her way across the room to see it.

"Is this yours?" she asked. The turkey was tiny.

Jess nodded. "Yeah. I did it in 2nd grade."

Melissa smiled. It was nice getting to know things about Jess when he was younger.

"That's nice she kept it. Mom only has Rory's left, she spilt coffee on mine."

Jess cleared his throat. He didn't have the best relationship with his mother, but he'd watched her protect that hand turkey with her life. If her friends were coming over, she'd put it somewhere they couldn't get to it. She treasured his little hand turkey and he had to admit, it was nice. "Yeah, it's nice," he said. He stood in the doorway, watching Melissa take it all in.