𝘯𝘰𝘷 23, 𝘥𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯 !

Hi everyone,

Sorry that this isn't an update. I'm working on the next chapter right now! But I felt that it's only right to address the situation in Dublin tonight.

I don't know how many people reading this are Irish, but as an Irish person I feel disgusted to even refer to myself as one as of tonight. If you're not from Ireland, you're most likely unaware of the situation entirely, so I'll give a quick explanation.

Today, at about 1:30 on the busiest street in the city centre, four people, one woman and three children, were stabbed in broad daylight. Two of the children were five years old, and the other was six. The woman was in her thirties. The kids were lined up on the path ready to leave school with their teacher (the woman) when a man arrived to the scene and I'm sure of the following details, but he stabbed the four of them.

One of the five year olds and the six year old were relatively okay (and I say relatively because can you ever really be okay after being stabbed?) but the other five year old and the woman were both severely injured. The man who stabbed them was also injured in the attempts of witnesses interfering.

The scene was taped off and my bus route to the city was redirected at about 2:15. I was getting off at the next stop so I wasn't affected by this change but it was still significant. You never think that something like that would happen on the city's main street, especially not in the middle of the day.

I went about my day as normal then. Later that evening, maybe around 6:30pm, I got a text from my friend to a tiktok live. I was so confused, but I clicked on it anyways. Protests had begun near the scene.

According to the news, a group of approximately thirty people arrived at the taped off scene of the crime and immediately began protesting. They were anti-immigration protesters. Allegedly, the man who had stabbed the people earlier that day was an immigrant and lots of people weren't any way near pleased with this.

They started posting and tweeting about what was going on, and soon enough the crowd grew.

Then before I knew it, I saw this on the news.

And from here on out, all hell broke loose

It was chaos, people were completely rioting the place. Public Order Units were set our with the black suits and helmets, the shields and batons. It was things I'd only ever seen in movies. My heart was quite literally breaking for every single person in the city.