11 :: 𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘵𝘸𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘴𝘦𝘺

its been one month of wasted heart, and it's been possibly one of the most insane months of my life. i never wouldve expected all these reads and votes in such a little time window but here i am, 31 days later and 1,300 reads into whats one of the best journeys of my life. i can't say it enough. thank you, thank you, thank you!

on a side note, 1989 TAYLORS VERSION IS OUT SOON IM DYING HERE
if anyone has any favourite t.swift songs pls comment and lmk im so curious

───✰✰✰✰✰───

You can't say you don't see it.

───✰✰✰✰✰───

THE FORMAL CEREMONY had ended and Melissa and Jess were now sat pleasantly at the table in the back alongside Gracie and Andrew. Jess had his arm extended round the back of Melissa's chair and they sat there secretly taking turns having sips of Gracie's flask. All except Melissa who was their DD for the night. The four of them were growing closer as the night went on, Jess and Andrew began to sound like the male versions of Melissa and Gracie. Everything was perfect for the four of them.

But nothing was perfect for Christopher and Luke who had retreated to the room straight after the ceremony where their argument continued.

"This can't have been my fault, Luke. I swear. I didn't know a single thing about Mel doing the Ball too. She never seemed to be the kind of girl to do something like this, and Lorelai never said anything about it —,"

"But if she'd asked for Lissa, would you have come?" Luke asked, anger seeping through his tone. He was beyond pissed. But things were starting to make sense with what Chris was telling him. Luke didn't know who he was more pissed at, Chris for not coming, Lorelai for lying or himself for not noticing sooner.

"What kind of question is that?!" Christopher asked, astounded. He couldn't believe his ears.

"One you're supposed to answer," Luke replied shortly. "Now, Chris, trust me, I'm not messing around here. If Lorelai had asked you to present Melissa at the Ball tonight, would you have done it?"

"Of course!"

Luke sighed, the sad realisation of what had happened hitting him like a truck. He didn't want to believe that Chris had done something so awful to his kid but he found it near impossible to believe that Lorelai had done it instead. He didn't really know Christopher, but he knew Lorelai which made this ten times harder to accept.

"Melissa came into the diner about two days after her and Gracie had decided to do this whole thing. She asked me to present her, because on her bus ride back from training, Lorelai had rang her and said you'd heard from Emily that both the girls were doing the Deb Ball, and only offered to present Rory. And I could tell Lissa was pretty upset about it too, despite how hard she tried to hide it," Luke explained, taking a deep breath as he let the secret spill.

"But that's such bullshit!" Chris exclaimed. "If I'd know they were both doing it, I would've done it for both. We would have made it work!"

The two men stood in silence for a few more minutes before Chris broke the silence.

"Why would Lorelai do something like this?"

Luke huffed. "Your guess is as good as mine." Silence once again.

After standing swarmed in a blanket of uncomfortable silence, Chris moved to go past Luke back to the ballroom. There was a look of determination across his face, something inside him telling him to keep moving until he finds his heartbroken daughter.