10 :: 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘰𝘴

1000 reads. thats too much for me to even process. i didn't have wifi out on the island, so i haven't been able to say thank you or know exactly when I hit this insane number, but i am so so so over the moon about it. have this chapter as a thank you for everything. the only reason i keep writing is because the reads give me the feeling that people are enjoying what i write, and this is absolutely phenomenal. i actually cried when i opened wattpad on my phone and saw 1.15K thank you so so much 🫶🫶

───✰✰✰✰✰───

!! Warning !! 
This chapter contains shouting.
Read at your own risk.

───✰✰✰✰✰───

That is not how you speak to your elders.

───✰✰✰✰✰───

MELISSA BOUNDED DOWN the stairs, stumbling at the bottom to shove her feet into her shoes. The three teenagers in the living room stared at her with confusion spread across their faces.

"What's got you all in a rush?" Rory asked her sister, trying her hardest to smuggle her laughter.

"Dad's here," Melissa replied.

And just on queue, the honk of a car came from outside their house and the heads of the two girls shot up. They looked at the front door then at each other before a screech of excitement leapt from their throats.

"Dad!" they screamed and jumped from their places, sprinting for the front door.

At the front door, Melissa and Rory were met with their mother and the three of them left together. Outside, Christopher was clambering out of his car. Rory broke out into a run towards her dad, but upon seeing him in person, Melissa hesitated in approaching her father. She didn't know how to feel about the whole presentation situation.

"Whoa! Hold it there," Christopher said to Rory with a smile across his face. He looked genuinely happy to be there. Melissa wished she could say the same. "A lady never runs out to meet a gentleman caller who hasn't been announced."

"Sorry, we haven't tamed our wild ways yet!" Rory said. Chris furrowed his brows at what she said but he didn't have much time to dwell on what was going on as Rory crashed into him. "I missed you!"

Chris wrapped his arms around his daughter, holding her tightly. He continued to ponder what Rory had said, but he couldn't figure it out. Lorelai began inspecting the car, asking him questions all about it. He still couldn't believe that he had a car instead of his bike, but the times were changing and he had to change with them.

"Hey, dad."

Chris turned around, his eyes meeting those of his other daughter's. He felt bad, seeing her standing there shyly. Melissa had never been one to be shy. It had been a while since they'd seen each other and Chris couldn't help but wonder what had happened in that time apart to make her more shelled in.

"Heya, kiddo." Chris opened his arms for the girl and she hesitantly walked into them. She was stiff and slowly wrapped her arms around him in return. Chris could sense it straight away. Something was very wrong here.

"I actually have something for you guys," Chris said, pulling away from Melissa. He saw her fold back into herself and it pained him to see this. She had her guard up and he was curious as to why. Chris walked to the trunk of the car, opening it and pulling out a huge box.