Chapter 8

"I...don't know. Why were you sending me roses, and why are you always there to save me? Is that some kind of evil plan to kill me?" The uncertainty lingered in Emma's voice as she posed her questions.

The brunette smirked, shoulders shrugging nonchalantly before helping herself to one of the sandwiches. With a satisfied bite, she emitted a sound of enjoyment. "I am really talented at magicking food."

Emma watched her a few seconds, unable to keep her green eyes off her, while the Evil Queen took another bite — but this time with a deliberate slowness, as if she was savoring each moment she tasted her magic-made food on her tongue. Her gaze never left Emma, a mischievous glint lingering in her dark eyes. As the Evil Queen chewed, her lips moved sensuously, and subtle — a knowing smile playing on them.

The blonde shifted her gaze down to the sandwich in her hand, but her head spun from the sight of the woman in front of her. 'What the heck is going on right now?' she thought, taking a deep breath. Regina was her weakness, turning even the most ordinary tasks into scenes from a blockbuster movie. The blonde faltered, a sudden realization hitting her—this was the first time she admitted to being turned on by Regina.

"Not hungry anymore, dear?" the Evil Queen almost purred, making Emma look up again—directly into her eyes.

"No—Yes, I mean. Still...hungry..." Emma stuttered, feeling utterly ridiculous. "I wish I could slap myself right now," she mumbled, not realizing she wasn't as quiet as she thought.

"Oh, I could do that for you," the brunette grinned, relishing how Emma's cheeks immediately blushed. She was adorable.

"I bet you could," the blonde chuckled. "You did worse things."

"Well, if you deal with a lot of idiots in your lifetime, you just can't resist on some opportunities to kill."

"Idiots like my parents?" Emma questioned, a quizzical expression on her face.

The Evil Queen leaned a bit forward, her eyes locking with Emma's. "Exactly," she grinned, her pupils shifting to scrutinize the woman's face, stopping at her lips.

"I don't think you really hate Snow and Charming. You're just irritated by them because they're so happy and enthusiastic all the time."

"I do hate your parents, but I am also irritated by them, that's right. I'll never understand why everyone loves them so much...I find myself much more likeable."

A bit amused, Emma raised her eyebrows, the corner of her lips twitching.

"What?" the Evil Queen immediately asked, an almost anxious look on her face.

"My parents have probably saved everybody's life more than once or even twice," Emma remarked, a playful glint in her eyes.

"Well, I- I gave you my jacket, didn't I? When you were cold in the woods."

"Because you kidnapped me."

"That's...not the point," the brunette replied, leaning back slightly. "I gave you my jacket when you were freezing your ass off—that was a sweet thing to do." She took another bite from her sandwich, chewing in a way the blonde would almost describe as sulkily.

Emma couldn't help but smile and nodded, "That was sweet, yes."

A silence settled between them. A silence that, to the blonde's surprise, felt somehow comfortable. Her eyes lingered on the window for a few seconds before returning to the Evil Queen. The brunette's fingers delicately held the sandwich, and the way she brought it to her lips again was almost the most sensual thing the blonde had ever seen.