🌴 - Camp Castaways

The final 5. I was in the final 5! That's all I could think about. I did not get any sleep. Or maybe because it was from the heavy rain.

Me, Gwen and Heather were outside. Duncan was slicing the wood of stick. I had no idea where Owen was though. Heather was painting her nails on the front of the cabin while me and Gwen sat on the other side. We were still upset about Leshawna leaving.

The speakers went on. "Listen up campers. One of the most gruelling challenges of any summer camp experience is the dreaded rain day. Where all activities with even the remotest possibility of fun are cancelled, in favour of the craft tank. The forecast for tomorrow, rain, rain and more rain followed by rain. See you all in the craft tent tomorrow at 0700 hours!"

"Frowning like a big baby wont bring Leshawna back you know? It'll just give you premature wrinkles. Oops! Too late." Heather said as she continued to paint her nails.

Gwen looked at me and back at her nail polish. I nodded and she tapped her foot on the step of the cabin, making it wobbly for Heather to paint her nails.

"Why don't you just put us out of our misery and vote yourself off!" Gwen said. "I agree. You should do it before we do." I add.

"So nice to see you three getting along. Gives me the warm fuzzies." Duncan says. "In your dreams nerd!" Heather said.

"Man this stinks. Even Owen couldn't put a shiny happy spin on this weather. Speaking of which, where is Owen?" Duncan asked. "Is he still the cabin?" I asked.

"Nah, wasn't there when I woke up." Duncan said. "So are we just going to sit here and do nothing?" I asked. "I guess." Gwen said.

"I'm going back in the cabin." Gwen said. "Same." I said. "Coming too!" Heather said. It only poured even more outside. It started flooding too.

-

The day passed.

I was deep asleep, and it felt like I was rocking side to side. Only I was. "AAAH!" Heather yelled.

I woke up to see we were literally in water! I woke up and I rolled out of my bed. "AH!" I yelled.

"What the- where did all this water come from?" Gwen asked. "How should I know? Why don't you ask the leeches?" Heather said.

"It was a rhetorical question. You didn't have to answer." I said. Heather grabbed my and took me under water. I could barely breath.

I felt someone pick me up from my waist and pull my back up to air. It was Duncan. Ugh.

"You know, this is so ridiculous. It's almost funny." Duncan said. I felt a presence around me, only too see a shark literally circling the four of us!

We all screamed and ran to the guys cabins steps. I hid behind Gwen. The shark started eating the stuff from our cabin.

"Quick! We need something big and chewy to shove in his mouth!" Gwen said. "Maybe we should throw Heather." I say. "WHAT?" Heather yelled.

"Was that dumb prank you did not enough?" She said. The cabin drifted to shore. "Okay..is anyone else a little creeped by this deserted island?" Gwen asked.

"Me. Where are we anyways?" I asked. "Puh-lease! Any goofball can see that this is one of Chris's cheese production sets with fake props!" Heather kicked a rock which turned out to be real.

"You say that about everything. Even that one time where we had to survive a horror movie." I said. "Yo drama queens, we've obviously just drifted downstream. The producers will send a search party." Duncan said.

"Search party? When has Chris ever cared about us?" I said. "Well..." Gwen began to say something, but never finished it off.

//I say this everyday, but I should've listened to my parents telling me not to sign up for this show.//