🌴 - Up The Creek

Today, we all met near some creek. I saw Lindsay's outfit looked really cute. "Hey Lindsay, cute outfit." I say. "Aww thanks!" She says.

"Bass, Gophers, todays challenge is a true summer camp experience. A canoe trip. You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake to boney island." He said that last bit in a creepy voice. "When you get there, you must portage your canoes to the other side of the island. Which is about a 2 hour hike through treacherous, drench, jungles!" Chris says. "We've got to por-what?" Chris says.

"I was thinking what that meant to." I say. "Portage." He said again. "Geoff, Seraphina, walk with your canoes." He says. "Oh!" I say.

"When you arrive at the other end of the island, you must make a rescue fire that will be judged, by me. The first team to paddle home and make their way to the beach gets invincibility. Move campers move! Oh wait! One more thing I should mention. Legend says, if you take something off the island, you will be cursed forever." Chris says.

We all get kind of scared. "Yeah! A cursed island! Woo!" Owen says.

"Now, get in your canoes and let's have some fun." Chris says. We all walk in our canoes. We all had to partner up with someone, we could have three people in a boat, but I can't find one!

//Well, Gwen was going to go with Trent, so I have no clue who i'm supposed to go with!//

Gwen and Trent looked at each other. Maybe I could go with Courtney? Never mind that, she was with Bridgette. She saw that I was looking at her and she blew my a kiss. I air caught it and blew her one back.

She giggled a little. I was walking with Gwen when Cody grabbed me and her. "Cmon guys! You two and me! Open water, what do you say?" Cody asked us. I looked too the ground for a few seconds. Gwen grabbed Cody and took him off us. Lindsay and Beth took Trent away from her. She saw and sighed. "Fine, but me and Seraphina are in charge." She says.

"That's the way I like it!" He says. "Keep quiet shorty." I say. "I love when people call me that." He says.

//I hate Cody. I didn't have anyone else to go with, but I didn't want to go with him! I also wanted to see some Trent and Gwen action.//

We all got to our canoes, me, Gwen and Cody got in one. Cody tried to pull the canoe in the water but he started to struggle. "You want some help?" I asked him. "Nope, just let the man do the work." He says. "So a girl can't push a canoe in the water?" I said. He sighed and moved over so I could push it in.

//Again, sexism is my least favourite thing ever! Who says girls can't push canoes in the water? Anyways, Cody. I'm seriously so mad at him.//

-

We all sit in our canoes. "On your marks, get set, paddle!" Chris shoots a gun in the air and we all start paddling. "So, do any of you two wanna go out sometime?" Cody asks us. "No." Gwen says. "I'm taken." I say. "Ooo by who? Is it someone on this island?" Cody asks.

"It's none of your business.." I say and start paddling. Cody kept trying to ask Gwen out. I kept paddling, and Cody kept trying to ask her out. We hit him with our oars at the same time.

//Cody needs to know boundaries alright? He doesn't need to know who i'm dating and he can't just continuously ask Gwen out when she's not interested. He's such a weirdo!//

"I think I know why you keep shooting me down. It's because of Trent isn't it? And Seraphina, you like Courtney right? No judge,  but weird." Cody says. "There's nothing weird about that. Just mind your own business." I say. "Okay okay. Look, im pretty tight with Trent. And i'm definitely sensing an 'im into Gwen vibe' from him. I'll put in a good word for you. If you want." Cody says.