~Chapter 15~

I went to school the day after I went to the police station, and Kolby was still being held for questioning. During science, Mark, Cole, and Kaydon were taken out of class by a police officer. Lucia was taken out too. Alex wasn't in class, and I had a bad feeling at the pit of my stomach about him.

Ashley was pulled out of gym class as well. She was physically taken out of class by two officers, and before she lost sight of me, she turned around and gave me a stare. If looks could kill, I would already be 6ft underground.

I sat down on the stairs outside of the main doors of the school, and waited for Jake to arrive. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and turned around to see Jillisa standing behind me. " Hey," She murmured, sitting down beside me.

" Hey," I replied.

" I don't know if I should ask this..." Jillisa trailed off, looking at her feet, " Is Kolby coming back?"

I rested my hand on her knee, and smiled lightly. " Once they find Ashley was lying, he'll be back."

" I need to go into the station later and tell them what I saw. There's no way Kolby hit her."

" I know, but you know Ashley. She makes every little thing believable."

Jillisa's blue eyes brightened, and she gave me a wide smile. " She probably got down on her hands and knees and begged the police to believe her!"

We burst out laughing, and I wiped the tears from my eyes. " True! Oh my gosh we need to hang out more."

" Yes. Lucia is having a small get together at the abandoned house Saturday night. I was thinking on going, but I'll go if you go."

" I'll go. Just because I missed the other party to kick off the school year."

Jillisa rolled her eyes. " It's not a party!" She said, " It's a small get together."

Smiling, I heard a car engine pull up to us. I looked up, and the tinted drivers side window rolled down. " You're out!" I yelled.

Kolby smiled widely. " After like 24 hours of questions."

He got out of the car, and Jillisa punched my arm gently. " I got to go. See you tomorrow!"

" Bye, Jill."

Kolby grabbed my hand, and we walked to his car. I put my seat belt on, and Kolby started the ignition. " So, did you get charged or what?" I asked.

" They dropped the case all together," Kolby replied, satisfaction on his face, " Ashley was so mad, it was actually hilarious. They started asing questions to Mark, Cole, Kaydon, and Ashley before I left about your case. Ashley was so close to tears."

I couldn't help the smile that crept onto my face as Kolby said that. She caused me so much pain over the last few months, and I felt she deserved whatever punishment she was going to get.

" Why are you smiling?"

I broke out of my thoughts, and looked over at Kolby. " I find that extremely funny."

" Don't be mean," He teased, " But I know. I was trying so hard not to laugh. I figured you would enjoy a nice ride today at the track, so I told Jake to take our bikes to Razy's."

" I would love that," I replied, happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled my helmet over my head, and watched as Jake took his bike over a jump. Kolby drove over to me as I kick-started my bike. " You ready?" He asked, smiling.

" I'll wipe that smile off your face," I teased.

I shifted into first, and released the clutch. I turned onto the track right behind Jake, and Kolby followed behind me. Since I haven't jumped in a while, I went over the smaller jump a couple of times to get the feeling back. Turning back onto the main part of the track, I spotted a truck pulling into the driveway. The truck stopped, and I saw a familiar face jump out of the drivers door. " Hey!" Alex yelled.

I drove up to his truck and shut my bike off. " I thought Mark had you locked up or something!" I exclaimed, taking my helmet off.

" Nope, I took off in the other direction from you," Alex replied, smiling, " They couldn't get near me."

Kolby turned his bike off beside me, and gave Alex a smile. " Glad to see you man."

" You too, but you better thank me."

" Why?" Kolby asked, completely oblivious to the situation.

" Really, Kolby?" I asked in a duh tone.
Kolby narrowed his eyes, and then his mouth flew open. " Oh yeah!" He exclaimed, " Thanks for saving her. I would have went crazy without her."

" No problem! I knew something was up with Mark and Cole... I didn't think Kaydon knew about this, though. I already gave my statement at the station about what happened."

" Is that why you weren't in school?" I asked.

Alex shook his head. " No. I crashed my bike when I was driving away from them, so I had to fix it," He replied, " Can I join you guys?"

Me and Kolby looked at each other, and Kolby nodded. " For sure! As long as you don't mind getting mud flung in your face by Kaylie."

I let out a laugh, and Alex jumped onto the back of his truck. He placed the ramp off the tailgate, and gently pushed his bike down. He grabbed his helmet from the truck, and gave me a smirk before putting it on. " Not if I fling mud in your face first."

" Bring it," I challenged, kick-starting my bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

All you Kaylie and Kolby fans better thank me... In this chapter, I was originally going to have Kolby get shot, Alex too. I decided against this though! I'm not that cruel lol.

Also, do you guys think Alex will be accepted into Kolby and Kaylie's group? Remember he used to be one of the popular riders when he was friends with Cole and Mark?

Thanks again guys!