~Chapter 13~

I knocked on the large, wooden door, and Kolby's mom answered right away. I gave her a smile, and her eyes widened. " You're back!" She gasped, pulling me into a hug, " Where were you? We were all worried sick!"

" Long story," I giggled, " I will tell you all about it, just let me see Kolby first."

Kolby's mom led me into the house, and shut the door. His dad stood up from the couch, and walked over to join us. " One of us should go with you," He murmured.

" Why?"

" He hasn't moved from his room since you left, he hasn't even eaten. He blames himself for you leaving," His mother replied.

He actually missed me that much? I asked myself, taking my shoes off. " I should be ok by myself, thank you for the offer," I said, smiling warmly at his parents.

They gave me an unconvinced smile, and I made my way to the staircase. Climbing up the stairs, I tried to make as little noise as possible. I reached the top, and hesitantly looked down the hallway where his and his parents rooms were. Walking over to a closed door, I knocked quietly on it before opening it just a crack. I pushed it open all the way, and gazed at the sleeping body on the bed. " Kolby!" I whispered, closing the door.

He didn't move, and I let out a sigh. I didn't know if I wanted to attempt to physically wake him up, or get his parents to. Walking to his bed, I leaned down by his face. " Hey buddy," I whispered in a deep tone, trying not to laugh.

His eyes snapped open, and I stepped backwards as he sat up. He stared at me with his eyes wide and mouth open. " K-Kaylie?" He asked hesitantly.

" That's my name," I replied, smiling.

He gave me a wide smile, and grabbed my arm, pulling me into a hug. " You're back!" He exclaimed, " Where were you?"

" Long story," I replied, closing my eyes.

" I thought you were gone for good."

" I wouldn't leave you for anything."

Kolby pulled away, and cupped my face in his hands. " You better not," He said seriously.

I looked into his reddened eyes, and sympathy washed over me. It quickly diminished when he pressed his lips against mine. I layed my head down on the pillow, and Kolby layed down on top of me, holding up some of his weight. I bit his lip gently, and he pulled away slightly. " Don't tease me right now," He whispered.

" Why?" I asked, smiling.

" I missed you too much and I just want to savor this moment. I haven't seen you in two days!"

He went to lean in, and I moved my face so he kissed my cheek. I let out a small laugh, then tried to look serious when Kolby raised his eyebrows at me. " I missed you too!" I said quickly.

" You're cute."

Smiling, I pressed my lips against his. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he kissed back with such intensity it made me gasp. He pulled away after a few minutes, his cheeks red. I noticed why, and started to laugh uncontrollably. " Excited are we?" I asked.

" Laugh it up," He mumbled.

" I am," I said, smiling.

He smiled back. " We should go downstairs and you can tell us what happened to you."

I nodded in agreement, and as soon as Kolby went to get up, I grabbed a handful of his shirt. I pulled him back down so that he was inches from my face. " I love you," I whispered.

" I love you too," He replied, " Now can I get up?"

" Nope."

I pecked his lips one last time, and let him get up. His face was still red, and his lips were slightly swollen. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me to my feet. " Are you finally ready?" He asked.

" Maybe," I replied, smirking.

" Kaylie!"

" Kolby!"

Kolby opened the bedroom door, and I grasped his hand as we walked down the hallway together. We walked down the steps, and Kolby's mom looked up from the couch as we emerged into the living room. " You good?" She whispered to me.

I gave her a small smile, and sat down on the couch in between her and Kolby. Kolby's dad faced us in the large, leather chair. " So what happened to you?"

" I was kidnapped," I started.

" By who?" Kolby asked loudly.

" Let me finish!" I growled, " Mark, Cole, and Kaydon. I was locked in Mark's basement since the day I was waiting for you to take me home. I got out of gym early, so I was waiting in the parking lot. They knocked me out with a cloth, and next thing I knew, I was in his basement. Mark had my bike in one of the rooms connected to the basement, and told me Ashley took it from me so I could feel what she felt when I took you away from her."

" So, Mark, Cole, and Kaydon had nothing really to do with it?" Kolby asked, confused.

" No. Mark likes Ashley, so he did what she told him to do. She wanted me kidnapped to get me out of the way so she could have you. Did she come here the other day?" I asked, curiosity taking over my thoughts.

Kolby's dad narrowed his eyes. " Yes, I sent her away though. She wasn't very happy about it."

Kolby's mom touched my shoulder. " How did you get out?"

" Well, Alex came. He got my dirt bike out of the room it was in since there was a ramp leading to a door. That's how I got here. When we were on our way here, Mark, Cole, and Kaydon stopped us. I got away but Alex didn't..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

Everyone stayed silent, and I bit my lip. Finally, Kolby broke it. " We're going to the cops as soon as possible," He said, " We're getting them all as far away from you as possible."

" I need to go to my great grandmother's first, so I can tell her what happened."

" I can call her," Kolby's mom said, " And your parents too. You guys need to go now so they can take a statement from you."

Kolby stood up, and I stood up too. We said goodbye to his parents, and made our way outside. I sat in the passengers seat of Kolby's car, and he handed me his phone. " Text Jake," He ordered, " Tell him to meet us at the police station."

I go into his messages, and made a new conversation with Jake's number.

Me: It's Kaylie. Meet us at the police station.

Jake: Kaylie! Are you ok?

Me: I'm fine, just meet me and Kolby at the police station.

Jake: Ok, be there in a few.