~Chapter 5~

" Guys!"

I jolt upward from my pillow, and saw a very angry looking Jake standing in front of my bed. He crossed his arms over his chest, and Kolby sat up beside me. " What's going on?" He asked in his morning voice.

Jake smirked, and his blue eyes scanned over both of our faces. " Want to tell me where you," He pointed to me, " went last night?"

He couldn't possibly know. I looked in his bedroom and he was fast asleep. " Um, I don't know what you're talking about," I quickly replied.

Jake's face turned a bright shade of red, and I moved closer to Kolby. " Yeah, so you just sleepwalked outside at 12 last night, and you." He pointed to Kolby, " came over without even asking anyone?"

" I-I thought you were asleep, Jake," I stuttered.

" Nope. So which one of you wants to explain where you went or do I have to guess?"

I looked over at Kolby, and he opened his mouth to say something before closing it again. I turned back to Jake, and he raised an eyebrow. I sighed, and looked him in the eye. " We went to Mark's to see if he had my bike. He didn't, and we got stuck in his garage for a few minutes when him and Cole came back from the bar. Then, they went inside and we left."

" And Mark saw us, but he didn't know who we were. I told him go home you're drunk because he was loaded and I drove away. Then, we came here," Kolby finished.

Jake closed his eyes, and I gripped my blanket in my hands. He was silent for a few minutes, before I took a deep breath. " J-Jake?" I asked causiously.

" Do you know that was considered breaking and entering?" Jake yelled, his eyes snapping open, " You could've been sent to jail if they caught you! That would be thousands of dollars to bail you guys out!"

" But we didn't get caught!" I snapped back, standing up from the bed and walking over to Jake, " I can't keep standing around waiting for the cops to find my bike! It's taking forever! Do you know what this feels like? It feels like my entire world is at a standstill because of that stupid bike! I need to find it!"

I ran my hand through my hair, and slowed my breathing. Jake had a shocked expression on his face, and I instantly felt sorry for yelling at him. " I know what it feels like... I just don't want you taking it in your own hands and getting locked up for it. I thought something bad happened to you when you didn't show up for a good hour last night," Jake murmured quietly.

" I'm sorry. I should've told you last night where we were going and what we were doing. You wouldn't have let me go, though."

" Kaylie," Jake said, pulling me into a hug, " That's true. But I know how important that bike is of yours. I just don't want to see you hurt. I'm sorry."

I hugged Jake back tightly, and pulled away. He pointed at Kolby, and his expression softened. " Thanks for keeping my sister safe."

Kolby gave him a small smile. " Anytime."

" I got breakfast cooking. Get dressed and come eat," Jake said, before leaving the room.

" That was intense," Kolby commented, smiling at me.

" What was?" I asked.

" That brother-sister fight."

I threw a pillow at him, and grabbed my cloths before heading to the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kolby left right after breakfast because his parents wanted to talk to him about why he left home last night. He promised he wouldn't tell them the truth. Jake was gone to get more groceries, so that left me home by myself for a few hours.

I scrolled through my texts on my phone, and tapped on Jillisa's name.

Me: Can you come over?

Jillisa: Where you at?

Me: Jake's.

Jillisa: Be there in a few!

Diesel jumped off the couch, and ran to the door. He started to bark madly, and I jumped up with curiousity. I looked out the front door window, and saw Mark's car pull into my driveway. In the passenger seat was Cole, and in the back, Ashley. How did they find me? I ask myself. " Shoot," I whispered, and ran into the kitchen.

I grabbed Diesel's muzzle, and placed it over the huskys snout. He whined, and I held up my finger. " It's for your own good," I said sternly, " Lay down."

Shadow creeped out from my bedroom, and I stay silent as I layed on the floor. I heard footsteps outside of the door, and then voices. " Is she here?" Cole asked.

" There's no cars," Mark replied.

" Can we just stay here until someone comes?" Ashley asked.

Mark and Cole agreed, and I heard them sit on the step. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and made a group chat with Jillsa, Jake, and Kolby.

Me: Nobody come near the house.

Jillisa: But you just wanted me to come over.

Me: Wait until I say it's ok!

Kolby: Kaylie, are you alright?

Me: No, I'm not! I'm freaking out!

Jake: What's going on?

I sat up, and glared out the nearest window before replying.

Me: Mark, Cole, and Ashley are here. They don't think I'm home, so they are staying here until someone comes. Nobody comes anywhere near this house, got it?

Jillisa: Ok Kay, just stay safe!

Jake: I will be a little late anyways. Be careful.

Kolby: I'm coming if they don't leave in an hour.

I sighed, and placed my phone on the floor. I layed my head down, but accidently crushed Shadow's tail. He let out a loud meow, and I hit my forehead with my hand. Someone stirred from outside, and I held my breath. " Kaylie's in there," Ashley whispered.

" Well, what do you expect us to do? Break the door down and go in there? Lets just leave," Cole whispered back.

They all stood up, and I listened as the footsteps retreated back to the car. The engine started up, and I breathed a sigh of relief as I rised to my feet.

Me: They're gone.