~Chapter 22~

I opened my eyes the next morning, and stared up at the ceiling of Kolby's room. Rolling over on my side, I saw Kolby laying on his back, fast asleep. He looked peaceful, and I slowly moved closer to his body. Gritting my teeth, I snuggled into his side. I closed my eyes, and felt a buff arm wrap around me. " Good morning," Kolby said in a husky voice.

" Morning. I was trying not to wake you up," I replied, opening my eyes and looking up at him.

" I was already awake. My parents texted me an hour ago and I couldn't get back to sleep."

I traced circles over his abs. " What about?"

Kolby sighed, and ran his fingers through my hair. " My parents are coming home tonight and they want to have your parents and Jake over for supper tomorrow."

I stopped moving my fingers, and looked up at Kolby. " I haven't talked to my dad since that day..."

" I know, but maybe it would be better if you saw your parents and maybe he will apologize about how he acted."

I considered it for a moment. Maybe it would be good if I saw them again. Jake wouldn't let him say anything that would make me upset anyways.

" Ok, I'm up for it," I replied.

Kolby smiled widely, and his green eyes brightened as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. " Good," He said, pulling away, " Want breakfast?"

" Do you have to ask that?"

Kolby smiled, and rolled his eyes as he got out of bed. He turned his back to me, and pulled a pair of sweatpants on. " You can go get changed," He said, " We're going riding today."

I stayed in the warm bed, and Kolby turned around slowly with a shirt in his hand. Smirking, I stared at his perfectly chiseled chest. " I don't want to leave," I murmured.

" Kaylie, I won't kiss you again until you leave this room," Kolby threatened, his face turning serious.

I narrowed my eyes, and he did the same. His gaze made my skin burn, and I quickly looked away. " You wouldn't," I whispered, looking back up at him.

He smirked. " Try me."

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my white t-shirt and leggings from the floor. I sat up, and slid them on. I grabbed my hoodie, and turned to face Kolby again. " Happy?" I asked, standing up.

" Nope," He replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

My mouth dropped open, and I huffed as I did the same. " Why not?"

Kolby walked towards me, and stopped when we were inches apart. He pulled me closer to him, and looked deeply into my eyes. " Say it," He whispered.

" Say what?" I asked.

" You know what," He replied, cupping my face in his hands.

I bit my bottom lip, and thought hard for a few seconds. Then, I gave him a smile. " I love you," I whispered.

" I love you too," Kolby whispered back.

I pecked his lips, and he smiled warmly. " So, time for breakfast?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled the lever of the gas hose as Kolby did the same behind me. Gas prices dropped by 10 cents last night, but prices were still at 119 cents per litre. Gas just wasn't cheap anymore.

I watched the numbers on the dial climb as the smell of gasoline filled my nose. The price reached $20, and I quickly let off on the lever. " I'm finished," I said as I placed the hose back onto the hook.

" I'll be done in a few seconds," Kolby replied, his eyes focased on the dial of the gas pump.

I nodded slowly, and made my way into the store. Taking my gloves off, I walked over to the counter. " Pump 1," I said to the cashier, pulling my money out of my pocket.

The cashier typed in a few things on the computer, and held her hand out. " That'll be $20 please. I like your gear by the way. The color suits you."

I handed her the green plastic bill, and looked down at my new purple and white gear I bought the other day. " Thank you. Bought the pants, shirt, and gloves together for $340."

The cashier's eyes widened, and she shook her head. " That's crazy. I guess if you love to do something so much, you don't care what you spend on things."

Kolby entered the store, and stood beside me. " Pump 2," He said simply, wrapping his arm around me.

" That'll be $30 please."

Kolby handed the cashier his money, and she gave us both a smile. " You two together?" She asked.

" Since June!" Kolby announced, looking satisfied.

I rolled my eyes, and the cashier laughed as I slapped Kolby's arm. " Yeah, been with this idiot for four months," I said teasingly, " Anyway, we should continue our ride."

" Nice meeting you two!" The cashier said to us as we exited the store.

I sat down on my bike, and pulled my purple and white gloves onto my hands. Turning around, Kolby looked up at me as he sat down on his. " Want to lead?" I asked.

" Sure," He replied, a smile visible from the opening in his helmet.

" What are you smiling about?"

" I got the perfect place to go."

I narrowed my eyes in confusion as I kick-started my bike. Kolby drove passed me on his, and I followed closely behind him. We turned onto the main road, and followed it up for a few minutes before turning onto a dirt road leading into a forest. I glared around suspiciously as the features of the forest suddenly become unfamiliar to me as we followed down another path. " Where are we going?" I yelled loudly.

" You'll see!" Kolby yelled back.

I sighed, and we kept riding for another five minutes or so until we came to a large clearing with a canopy of trees over it. I looked around as Kolby stopped his bike, and shut it off. I shut mine off too, and jumped off it. " Kolby-"

The words caught in my throat as a small stream came into view. My eyes followed it up to a small waterfall about a foot higher than the main part of the stream. The sound of the water filled my ears as I took my helmet off. Kolby took my hand in his and led me to the stream, and I peered into the foot deep water from the stream bed. A small, orange fish swam passed us, and I glared in fascination as it disappeared down the stream. " The stream loops around the entire forest," Kolby explained, " The water is pretty warm, so people started bringing fish here. The fish would reproduce in the spring, after hibernating all winter."

" How did you find this place?" I breathed.

Kolby let out a small laugh. " I was one of the people who would release fish out here. Jinx took me here the first day we went riding, and told me the history of this place. Me and him then went and bought a bunch of fish from the petstore, and took them here."

I turned to face him, and his smile told me he was being serious. " That's actually adorable."

" Well the fish didn't look happy locked into those tight cases when we went there, so we spent over $30 on $1 and 50 cent goldfish."

I giggled, and watched as another fish swam by. " I never thought you would be the type of guy to release goldfish into a stream," I exclaimed, " Jinx? Obviously. But not you."

Kolby shrugged, and looked down at his feet, his cheeks red. " It felt good to do it."

I smiled, and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. " Let's head back," I said.

Kolby rubbed my back, and we pulled away. " Yeah, my parents should be home soon. You'll have fun with that."

" For sure," I replied, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Omfg this chapter was freaking adorable! Like Kolby buying a bunch of fish and releasing them into a stream was so cute. I really don't know how I came up with this but at least I did! Few more chapters and we're done!