~Chapter 10~

I opened my eyes, placing my hand on my head to subside the pounding headache. I looked around as I sat up on the cold, concrete floor.

" You slept all night."

I jumped in surprise, and turned around to see Cole sitting on a chair by a door with at least 3 locks on it. " Where am I?" I mumbled.

" I can't tell you that."

" Well, answer one question," I muttered, " Why did you kidnap me?"

" Mark is just doing what Ashley wants him to do," Cole replied.

" Why?"

" He likes her, a lot. So, everything she wants him to do, he does."

I tried to stand up, but noticed my hands were tied onto a rope that hung from the wall. " Can you untie me?" I asked.

Cole sighed, and walked over to me. He untied the rope from my wrists, and I rubbed the sensitive part. I stood up, and Cole stiffened. " Kick me again and I will tie you back up. I didn't want to kidnap you in the first place," He muttered.

So that's who I kicked, I said to myself. " Why did you then? Wait... I though you liked Ashley?"

" I kidnapped you because if I didn't do what Mark said, he would kick me out of the group. As for Ashley, yes, I did like her. I figured I didn't have a chance with her, so i just stopped liking her."

I looked around in confusion. " Wait, so why did you guys kidnap me? Why does Ashley want me here?" I asked.

Cole sighed, and walked over to a door to my left. " You really want to know?" He asked, taking a key from his pocket.

I nodded, and walked over to stand beside him. He unlocked the door, and gently pushed it open. I gasped as my eyes adjusted to the darkness, and I ran to my dirt bike. Frantically looking around it, I heard Cole laugh behind me. " It's fine. We didn't touch it. Well, just to get it onto the truck."

I snapped my head around, and glared at him. " Good!"

A ray of sunshine flowed in from a door above a ramp in the corner of the room. Possible escape route, I said to myself.

I stepped back out of the room, and Cole locked the door. Sighing, I sat back down on the cold floor. I leaned my back on the wall, and footsteps stopped outside of the basement door. The three locks clicked, and the door burst open, revealing Kaydon. " Cole, you can go for a bit," He murmured.

Cole nodded, and stood up from the chair. He passed Kaydon, and whispered something into his ear before leaving. Kaydon glanced at me, and locked the door once again. " Cole's going to get you something to eat," Kaydon said after sitting down on the chair.

" Why can't you let me go?" I asked desperately.

" You know Mark stole your bike, so your first stop will be the cops. Mark can't get another offense or he will be in prison for a long time."

" So he stole my bike because Ashley told him to?"

Kaydon nodded. " Yeah, basically."

" And you are helping him, why?"

" Because I need friends. I'm not going to be the social outcast everyone runs away from. He said if I help him with this, I'm into his squad," Kaydon replied, doing air quotes when he said squad.

None of this was making any sense to me. Why wouldn't Ashley be the one to kidnap me and not a guy who likes her and his group friends? One thing for sure was I had to get out and go to the police as soon as possible.

I quickly stood up, and Kaydon freezed. " Wait, you weren't tied?"

" Nope," I replied, smirking, " Thank your buddy Cole for untying me."

I stepped toward Kaydon, and he stood up hesitantly. Arms length away from him, I lifted my leg up quickly, kicking him where the sun don't shine. " Why would you do that!" Kaydon yelled, falling to his knees.

" Give me the keys for the door. Both doors," I muttered, tilting my head to the room with my dirt bike inside.

" Not in a million years," Kaydon replied, looking up at me.

" Alright."

I clenched my fist, and hurled it at Kaydon's face. It made contact with his cheek, and he fell to the ground completely. Hands shaking, I bent down and searched his pockets until I found a key.

I ran to the door, and unlocked the first lock. I pushed the key into the second lock, and twisted it open. I moved to the third, and pushed the key into the lock. I turned it every way, but it didn't unlock. " No way," I whispered.

Someone dangling a set of keys made me turn around. In front of me, stood Kaydon. His blue eyes were furious, and he dangled a set of keys in his hand, giving me a smirk. " I'm not that stupid to have a key for all three locks."

He stepped closer to me, and my eyes darted from side to side, trying to find a way out. As soon as I went to move, Kaydon pushed me againt the wall. His hands go to my shoulders, and I narrowed my eyes. " Not a very good position to be in," I pointed out.

Kaydon looked at me confused, and I went to move my knee up. He noticed, and placed one hand on my leg, pushing it down. I let out an annoyed sigh. " Fine, have it your way," I muttered, pushing him away from me.

" If it was my way, I'd be letting you out."

I glared into his eyes, and he returned it fiercely. " If I promise not to try and escape again, can you do something for me?"

Kaydon bit his lip. " What?"

" I need a shower. Can I go and take one? I need a change of clothes too," I murmured.

I waited for the reply, and Kaydon's eyes softened slightly. " I guess it's ok. I knew you would need clothes, so I took some from my sister."

" Thank you," I replied.