Chapter-20

Continuation from the previous part...

Rohit saw Varsha having a serene smile on her face which made him smile too. He stopped the car after an hour. Varsha looked at him with a frown.

Ro:- Come let me show you something.

   They both got down the car. He helped her climb up the cars bonet. They saw there looking at the sunset. It felt peaceful to both of them. Rohit took Varsha's hand in his.

Ro:- Honestly speaking, Mujhe nahi laga tha ki koi mujhe aur meri feelings ko itna ache se samajh paayega. I am surprised how you are ok with all this... Mera past na jaante hue you agreed for this alliance why???

Var:- I used to watch cricket. I started admiring you as a cricketer but when we met in person I realised how gem of a person you are. I definitely can't let go of a genuine person like you and if in case we weren't into this alliance I would still have liked to be friends with you and others. And past ki baat kare so everyone has their own side of the story but people aren't aware of it.

Ro:- Hmm... So what's your side of story??? Meri side ki story jaan li, now your turn.

   Varsha looked at Rohit to which he nodded in assurance.

Var:- I wasn't Mumma and Papa's only child, I had an older brother Sid.

    Varsha slightly shivered at that. Rohit pulled her in a side hug.

Var:- We were a happy family. Sid wanted to be a doctor and I wanted to pursue Event Management. I was never into science. Once Sid and Me were playing in our garden back when we used to stay in Chennai, the ball went in the road, Sid went to take the ball as there was no vehicle passing by but as he bend to take the ball a truck approached at full speed before I could register anything he layed there lifeless.

   Varsha was crying in his embrace.

Var:- I lost my brother in front of my eyes yet I couldn't  do anything.

   Rohit himself had misty eyes looking at her in this state.

Ro:- It's wasn't your fault Varsha, it was never your fault.

Var:- I decided that day that I will fulfill all his dreams. I took up MBBS and took up the responsibility of our parents. I tried to be both Sid and Varsha for our parents. They never told but they also felt his void.

Ro:- You did your best Varsha.

Var:- You know Vi bhai and Mahibhai treat me like Sid used to. I thought I will never have anyone to call as my brother but I got not one but two brothers. That day when we went for the engagement shopping, both of them helped me with everything keeping in mind my taste.

Ro:- Vi and Mahibhai never had a little sister so they are more than happy to have you. They even threatened me that if I hurt you then they both will beat the shit out of me.

   They both chuckled at that.

Ro:- Aaru ke sivay you didn't have any friends???

Var:- I had but for me Aaru and Sid were my safe place. After Sid's death, Aaru never left my side. She didn't used to leave me alone even for a second.

Ro:- Aaru ko sab pata hai??? Ok now I am jealous but I want to know about her Haan. You know about my extended family but I don't know about your only extended family,Aaru.

Var:- Aaru aka Aaradhya Gupta, Shashank uncle aur Juhi Aunty ki beti hai. She has been with me since we were 3. We have been in the same class, on the same bench from starting of our school life till the end of the MBBS. We only separated with our specialization cuz she wanted to be a neurologist like Juhi Aunty and me a cardiologist like Shashank uncle.

Ro:- Ohh... So uska koi boyfriend nahi hai??

   Varsha started laughing hearing that.

Var:- Aaru is a tomboy. Jitne bhi ladke usse propose karte thhe unhe woh maar ke bhaga deti thii.

Ro:- Ohh... I realised that's why she threatened me on our engagement day.

   Varsha just nodded. Rohit smiled and kissed her forehead.

Ro:- I can't wait to spend my life with you.

    Varsha smiled and kept her head on his shoulder. They both sat there watching the city and the sunset.

_____________________________________

Precap:-

Haven't thought

Next update:-

29/12/2023

   Thank you for those who voted and commented on the last chapter. Suggestions are always welcome.

Thank you...