Chapter -14

A leap of two days,

   Everyone was leaving for the England series. They all were sitting  in the lounge area.Varsha came to see them off. They all denied cuz she had a night shift and they had a morning flight but still she came directly from the hospital.

Mahibhai:- Varsha we told you na to go home and take rest.

Var:- Bhai after you all check in as such I will go home and I will take proper rest. I promise

Vi:- Check in start hone mein abhi time hai.

    The team settled with their respective partners. Varsha sat beside Rohit.

Ro:- Varsha... you should have gone home na...

Var:- It's alright Rohit. I will miss everyone now that you all will be gone for 2 weeks.

Ro:- I can understand. Don't stress yourself with all those night shifts and engagement preparations. You can contact Vishal anytime he will be there to help you.

Var:- Hmm... You also take care of yourself and wish you the best for the series.

Ro:- Thank you...

     Varsha wanted to say something but she stopped hearing the announcement of the flight. She hugged everyone and wished them for the series. They all went inside and Varsha left home.

     For the next two weeks everything was very dull for Varsha. Becuz of all the time zone difference and night shifts she couldn't talk to Ro. He used to call her everyday but she couldn't talk to him for more than a few minutes. Ro was a bit affected as well but he brushed away his thoughts as he had to play for his country.

  Finally today they all were returning home from the series. Varsha last night told that she would be there at the airport to receive them. They all moved towards the exit but couldn't find Varsha. Rohit tried calling her but she didn't pick up. He left a message for her.

Hey... we waited for you
but couldn't wait more as the
paps were there. Everyone is going
to be there at home in the evening hoping to see you there.

   They all left for their respective homes. Rohit was wondering what was up with Varsha. In the evening everyone gathered at Sharma Mansion except Varsha. Poornima, Gurunath were out at some relatives home and Vishal was with his girlfriend.

Nush:- Ro you texted her about our plan na???

Ro:- Yes I did. Let me call her.

   Before he could call her the doorbell rang. He opened the door. It was his to be fiancee.

Var:- Hey...

Ro:- Hi... come. Everyone's waiting.

    She went and greeted everyone.

Saks:- Varsha tu thik hai na??? We all got worried when you didn't receive our calls in the morning.

Var:- I am sorry bhabhi. Actually yesterday after I talked to you all I received Shashank uncle's call who asked me to attend a patient in Pune so I had to be there. I forgot to inform you all about it and when I realised that and took the phone to text you all I came to know that my phone was switched off.

Mahibhai:- It's ok. When did you come back???

Var:- An hour back...

Nush:- Yarr you should have taken rest na... kal mil lete hum.

Var:- It's alright Nush besides I wanted to meet you after almost 2 weeks.

Saks:- Ha woh toh hai. We all missed you alot.

Var:- I missed you all more.

Nush:- Varsha go rest for sometime then we will talk. We had a nap and you need one too. Ro bro go and show her the room.

   Ro got up and gestured her to follow.
There was silence between them. Varsha decided to break it

Var:- Rohit

    He looked at her.

Ro:- Haan.

Var:- I am sorry I couldn't receive your calls and today I couldn't be there to receive you all.

Ro:- It's alright. I understand that your profession needs you to be there whenever required so it's alright.

   He unlocked a door and entered with Varsha following.

Ro:- Freshen up and have a nap. I will ask bhabhi or Nush to wake u up at dinner time.

    She freshen up and took a nap. They all spent the evening catching up with Varsha and talking about the engagement ceremony.

______________________________________

A short update before I disappear till the next one...

Precap:-
Engagement ceremony

Next update:-
02/11/2023
(as I have my sem exams starting from 25th)

    Thank you for those who voted and commented on the last chapter. Suggestions are always welcome.

Thank you...