Q & A

We haven't done this in probably eight years, so here is a much-awaited Q&A!

1. Which character's personality resembles yours the most? 

I would say I'm a lot like Declan. I keep to myself but will never turn someone down when they're offering something. I like my toys a lot but when I can dabble in human interaction, I'll do it. And I am a huge people pleaser, I live to serve others and also like to be taken care of. And I have no problem putting people in their place for something I care about. 

2. What do you want for Christmas?

I want an electric kettle for my tea everyday -all day. 

3. What are your predictions for the book?

4. How do you think the book will end?

5. What profession or job from the series would you take up if you had the chance?

Fashion designer. Interior designer. Ballerina/dancer. Live-in butler/live-in chef. Writer. Kink club business owner. Cafe shopkeeper. Professional piercer/tattoo artist. Master Distiller. Socialite/content creator. In-School tutor. 

In my last job I was an in-school tutor, and I thought it would be cool that I made Carter one. It gives him an ironic and human edge that he works with minors when he isn't cooking up schemes. 

6. What is one song you can't get enough of right now? I'm a sucker for song recs. 

7. If you could travel back in time and fix one thing about any book of this series, what fact, character, or scene would it be? 

8. My favorite part: Fuck Marry Kill YMR edition: 

For me, it's Fuck Declan. Marry Noah of course and Kill Dallas. 

9. What is one question you would like to ask me? Don't be shy.

10. What can I improve on?

11. What is your favorite book?

Mine is both "Milkfed" and "The Pisces" by Melissa Broader. "I'm In Love With Mothman" by Paige Lavoie. "Docile" by K.M. Sparza. And "The Story of X" by A.J. Malloy. 

12. What is something you are looking forward to next year?

***

One thing I have to say about Noah is that while his looks are based on Aaron Taylor Johnson, his personality was inspired by Brother Day from Foundation, Dr. Frank'n'furter from Rocky Horror Picture Show, Tyler Durden from Fight Club, a dash of Edward Cullen and Anthony Bridgerton, some Lestat energy from Interview with The Vampire and maybe a hint of James Bond but with no doubt, he is Eliza's son for sure. He is fluid in fashion as is his temperament and he's the best of every queer anti-hero, and I feel so close to him because he part of me. He embraces everything he does wrong as something right because he is doing it for love. 

He's my male fantasy and I didn't care if he doesn't always look like the good guy. He isn't meant to be. He's never claimed to be. But he is a good brother and if he were a real person he would be someone awesome to hang out with because he doesn't judge (all the time) and if he saw you out on the street being mistreated he would take you in like an unhoused cat and clean you up. He loves the concept of family. And that is a beautiful sensitive thing about him, his belief in found family. That was one trope I wanted to introduce in all of my books is finding your own family instead of the ones you're born into because not every parent or sibling is accepting.

Okay I'm gonna go watch Saltburn and Poor Things, going somewhere to go be gay now byeeee