Chapter 23: Rising again

Anjali woke up as she felt the sun rays hit her in the eye. She moved her legs and tried to stretch her torso only to be pulled into a warm body. She turned in her embrace and found Rudra stirring in his sleep feeling her move. She stared at him, taking in his gorgeous face, his thick eyebrows, his long lashes that kissed his cheeks every time he closed his eyes, his sensual lips that seemed to hold a myriad of untold stories. Anjali's heart skipped a beat as she traced the contours of Rudra's face with her fingers, marveling at the delicate balance between strength and vulnerability etched in his features. The room was bathed in the soft morning light, casting a gentle glow on the two figures entwined in the warmth of the bed. Anjali couldn't help but smile as she observed the peaceful expression on Rudra's face, a serene calm that contrasted with the intensity she often saw in him during waking hours.

Rudra opened his eyes, feeling a gaze on him. He looked at her being lost in his face. He slowly moved forward and kissed her nose, taking Anjali off guard. She gasped at his sudden act and playfully pushed him away. She turned away from him and closed her eyes, acting asleep to avoid his eyes. He laughed at her childishness and a smile broke out on her hearing his heartfelt laughter. As their laugh subsided, he slowly turned her chin making her look at him.

"I love you." He said, his voice soft and firm. She smiled but her smile didn't reach her eyes. "And I trust you baby. You put your trust in me and gave me all the time and energy when we got married. This is no favor but just a fact that my trust lies in you. I trust you with my heart and soul. You are wronged but you are not wrong. We shall get to the end of this to find out why you were blamed. We have sent enough time giving others the benefit of doubt and letting them do whatever they please about us, but now it's time that we show them who we are and what price they have to pay when they mess with us." His voice didn't waver while his eyes held an emotion so strong that every cell in her body accepted his words. Her stress automatically lessened and she wrapped her arms around his neck, making him fall to his back with her on him. He hugged her back with equal intensity and tightened his arms around her.

"I love you more." She spoke, her voice muffled in his neck. He smiled, his expressions depicting how relieved he was. He tightened his arms further around her, kissing her. They sighed, tension visibility leaving their body and minds. Both of them were ready now to face the world that threw them into this deep mess.

One thing was sure, Anjali and Rudra were coming for them. 

**********

Here goes another update. 

By the way, I am starting a new series on Instagram where I take you through the BTS of my story writing. Since I am starting a new story, I shall be sharing my small experiences as well as my work. 

Join me there to know more about this new story.

And that Jamal song is running in my mind as a loop. Thought I should put it out here.

Love.