Chapter 21: Healing

"Her stress levels have shot up. This has increased the pain and bleeding in her uterus during her periods. This is not healthy at all. Make sure this doesn't happen again. It can be fatal." The doctor spoke and left Rudra in his own thoughts. He sat down as his bodyguard Khanna placed a hand on his shoulder offering him comfort. Rudra sighed, as he rubbed his face in his palms. He stood up and went inside the room where Anjali was admitted. She was stirring slightly, waking up from the small dose of sedative they had given her to bring her stress levels down.

Rudra quickly walked towards her and sat by her side taking her palm in his. He rubbed her palm in between his offering warmth and comfort for both of them as she woke up. Anjali squinted her eyes adjusting to the brightness as she tried to figure out where she was. Her sight fell on Rudra who was looking at her with a look that showed relief. She gave him a soft glance and tried to sit up, but groaned instead due to the heavy pain in her lower abdomen. Rudra quickly helped her get comfortable lifting her bed up so that she could sit as her back rested. "What happened?" She asked, figuring out that she was now in a hospital.

Rudra sighed, he bent forward and placed a long kiss on her forehead before he spoke. "You fainted. We rushed you to the hospital. They said stress had an impact on your health, making your periods so painful and bleeding so heavy. They also said-" He trailed off not knowing how to put this to her. She placed her palm on his hand urging him to continue. She had listened to things that had been too much to bear. Another one would not shake her much. Or so she felt. "It could have been fatal too." He said, not meeting her eyes.

"I am sorry for scaring you." She said, worry filling her eyes as she looked at him. He didn't deserve to be put through this mess.

Rudra's face shot out so fast to look at her that she gasped at the way he looked at her. "You are not sorry for anything. And next time I hear that from you, I am gonna be so pissed about it. What are you so sorry about? Taking care of my family? Taking care of Ved? Thinking about everyone's welfare? Worrying about everyone? Planning your future so that others won't be affected?" He asked, his anger getting the best of him.

"I don't know Rudra. No matter what I have done, it has never been enough. Has it?" It was Anjali's turn to sigh and she pulled her hand away from his, turning away from him. He was right. None of this was her fault, but everything was framed to be her mistake. Something she couldn't even think of committing. Rudra badly wanted to collect her in his arms and hide her away and just shower her with his love, but he knew this was not the place and neither was she in such a state.

"I am going to fill your discharge forms. I'll be back soon. Look at me Anjali." He says, when she had just nodded at his words instead of responding. His words made her look at him like he was her everything. He smiled at her softly and placed his lips on hers, kissing her softly and firmly, assuring her his presence and trust. She kissed him back as tears rolled down her cheeks. Her lips quivered as she broke down clutching his collar tightly in her fist. Rudra's eyes watered seeing her sight. His woman, his wife, his love, who was always strong, who always picked challenges like a pro, was now at the mercy of words and fate. It did not sit well in his heart to see her like this. He closed the distance between them and hugged her, her head cuddled in his chest, his heartbeat soothing her racing mind. He wiped the tears that rolled down his cheek, unknown to him. He caressed her hair over and over again, placing kisses on her head, claiming her down. He let her cry all she wanted, wanting her to get it out of her system. She needed this and he knew she would rise above everything like none of this never happened. As her sobs subsided, he held her close, her occasional hiccups jerking them together. He pulled his phone and texted his PA to finfish the formalities for them to head home.

**********

This chapter is for all those who have voted on my poll. Thanks for your opinion. By the way, I wrote this after some research. Let me know if there is some mis-link in my story especially previous two chapters and this one.

Tell me something, updating twice a week is fun or are you guys okay with me updating once a week. I am quite okay with both actually, but I want your response on it. And I really want to give this shout out to my cute friends who seem like a Wattpad family  to me. disha7722 AunnatyaC VijayshreeAcharya Rupashah02 sanjanaaa08 MahekJ2815 AgsShruthi Khushiinter Adyxxxxx. I feel so grateful that words can't explain what I feel for you guys.

You guys make my day and bring a sweet smile on my face that my parents ask, what made me smile so. I think a couple of more chapters and we shall come to an end. I feel like writing more given how you guys are active with me especially the above mentioned VIPs (.'~'.)

I am planning to extend Soulfully Fated and write the story of Arjun and Anjali. I am also planning to write a Historical Romance. Give me a vote on my Instagram wormed_into_books and let me know your views.

 Give me a vote on my Instagram wormed_into_books and let me know your views