Chapter 3: Hustling

That evening at Rudra's place, was filled with arguments and discussions on how they would welcome their first daughter-in-law. Debates about what they should give her, what they should cook for her, how to welcome her and everything. And if you are wondering why such a fuss was being made, then it was because, after requesting Rudra to get married for three years and rejecting numerous marriage proposals, this was finally the time to see their daughter-in-law and witness a celebration. The younger generation were occupied in impressing their Bhabhi and become her favorite to team up against their Rudr bhaiya.

"Bhaiya, what is Bhabhi's favorite color?"

"Will she like Louis Vuitton?"

"Does she wear heels?"

"Bhai, does she like sweets more or does she prefer spicy food?"

Rudra gave them a glare that shut them up. And before he could turn away from their conversations, his mothers started their conversations.

"Rudra, when is the muhurat and when will you guys be coming back?" His Badi ma asked him. Only Rudra and Anjali along with their respective grandfathers were to be present at the hospital. They would sign their marriage certificates and then head home to Rudra's house.

"Yeah beta. And her family? They shall join us here right?" His mom added.

"We need to arrange for a family lunch and then plan your wedding reception also." His Choti ma said.

Rudra heaved a breath of sigh. "Ma, the muhurat is at 9:30 and we shall be coming from there directly to our home here. Also, her family will arrive here by 10 to welcome us also. And regarding our reception, let us wait for sometime. There is no hurry." He assured them calmly as they were worried and excited about tomorrow. His dad and Chachus walked in to join their wives and kids.

"Guys, I have something to announce." His dad said making everyone look up from their phones and fuss and focus on him. "Ved will be joining as the CEO of our Mumbai branch in 5 days, that is from Monday. And Rudra will be taking over the Delhi branch as the working CEO from Monday." The room initially went into a state of silence before his mother spoke.

"Why suddenly? It was decided that Ved would be taking over Delhi and Rudra was anyway the CEO here. Why are you trying to send him to Delhi?" She asked, her face mixed with anger and confusion.

"Because his wife lives in Delhi." His Chachu spoke on behalf of Rudra. His mothers did not know whether to be happy about it or sad. "And Ved has proven himself with the Delhi branch. And it's only fair for him to come back and take over his position here in Mumbai." His Chachu added. His siblings broke into a teasing smile while Rudra raised his eyebrows in question.

"Chachi, did you notice this? Even before getting married, bhai listens to Bhabhi. How romantic!" Pari teased him while the others joined her in pulling his leg. Rudra groaned in response and flipped his siblings off.

"She is not even here and yet she is separating our son from our family." His Dadi spoke, huffing about it.

"Someone was bound to do this Dadi. Either me or Ved. Even if he were to get married, he would have to stay in Delhi and take care of the company and I am sure it would be better if it was me. And you have always taught me to treat women fairly, and all I am doing is treating her fairly. If she can leave her family for us and be a part of us, I am only shifting to a place 3 hours away. We shall still be visiting, every week, like Ved would do. If she is separating your son then you guys did the same with Ved." Rudra stormed out of the room and headed upstairs to his. His family was left in surprise and wonder seeing him defend a woman he had hardly met against his favorite person, his Dadi.

He sat on the bed leaning against the headboard scrolling through his mails, when he came across one from Tanishq. It was the bill for their wedding rings. Looking at those rings he smiled. They had chosen rings for each other and carried it with them. Anjali had Rudra's ring while she had his. They had also got their initials customized on the back of each ring. And thinking about her brought a smile to his face. She was perfect for him. Confident, sensitive, cheerful and powerful she was all he ever wanted. He decided to drop her a text asking her about tomorrow. Strangely both of them were calm and collected for what was awaiting tomorrow. He only wondered if Anjali could win his Dadi's heart.

'Wondering what color you will be in tomorrow' _R.

Her reply came through immediately.

'Color of sacredness and power. Orange. I am wearing my mom's wedding saree. How about you?' _M.

'Haven't decided on anything. Confused with the suit color.' _R.

'Suit? Can I suggest something?'_M.

'Yeah, sure. I would like to hear.' _R. He smiled at his own line.

'Will you wear a kurta? In red or orange if you have. You can pair that up with normal blue jeans. It shall look great on you. And after we sign the registrars and before we head home, can we visit any temple nearby?'_M.

Rudra thought for a moment. It had been a long time since he had worn a kurta. And since it was his wedding tomorrow, wearing a suit didn't make much sense.

'Give me a moment.'_R.

He quickly checked his closet for a kurta and found a white one, a brown one and an orange one. He pulled out a pair of blue washed jeans along with it. He came back to his bed and texted her back.

'Get ready to see me in orange.'_R

'Wow. Eager now.' _M. He chuckled seeing her message.

'Get some sleep, hero. You have a big day ahead tomorrow. You are officially going to be tied down to a woman.'_M.

'Tied down to a woman? Tied down by a woman seems better. Having such plans?'_R.

'Such a smooth talker aren't you? I prefer to be tied down by stares, love and maybe thick muscular arms.'_M. She giggled at her message. Were they flirting? They might be.

'Well, at least all the gym time is of use.'_R. He responded, taking a look at his body in the mirror.

'Sleep well, sweet dreams.'_M.

She hid her face in her pillow trying to cover her blush as she re read their conversation. She was definitely charmed by this man and that day was not far where she would be in love with him. Rudra chuckled seeing her put a stop to their conversation and decided to get some sleep.

**********

Here goes a new chapter.

I am planning to update on Wednesdays and Sundays, sounds good? 

How did you guys like Heeriye song? I feel like I have heard it somewhere. I don't remember where....

Vote. Share. Comment