Chapter 2: Closer

At the ultimatum of his Dadu, everyone retired to their rooms. Rudr was on his bed, working on something when the sound of the notification distracted Rudra's attention from his laptop.

'Busy sir?' _M

'Remember me? Or shall I go again with my introduction.' _M

Those two messages brought a smile to his face. He knew who the person was and he didn't hesitate to respond back.

'The green suit person who asked me to give us a chance today, am I right Madam?' _R

He teased with his message trying to test the waters.

'Nice observation sir. Can I call though? I wish to tell you something.' _M

Her response was quick, and he wondered if everything was all right. He texted a quick yes before his phone started ringing with her number.

"Hi Rudr, were you busy?" Her sweet voice filled his ears, and his face broke into a smile.

"Hi Anjali, I was doing some office work. I couldn't go to the office today, so I had to catch up on some updates." He replied.

"Oh, so you mean, today was not at all productive?" Her voice having a teasing edge. He wholeheartedly laughed hearing her statement before he put his laptop down his lap and eased his legs on the bed.

"I am still yet to confirm whether my day was productive or not. What did you want to talk about?" He asked, trying to put her problem first.

"I was just thinking if it would be fair to ask you to move into my house in Delhi." She gave a long pause. "After our marriage, we have to see how we manage Mumbai and Delhi together Rudra. I have no intentions of disrupting your family, but I am not willing to let go of Vaahan also."

Rudra and Anjali sat in a long silence, hearing each other's deep yet tensed breathing on both ends.

"Our company has just opened a branch in Delhi about 10 months ago and Ved is there looking after the marketing division. I can maybe come over there as the CEO and look after it. I have to speak with Bade papa and yeah, I think we shall be okay." Rudr spoke first, breaking the silence.

"Are you on board with that idea? Because the last thing I want is for you to leave your family because of me Rudra. It's not fair for any of you." Anjali did not want to separate her brothers at all. She knew the magic of a sibling bond and the last thing she wanted was to spoil it.

"Don't worry about that Anjali. Ved is there for so long and he was also asking me to come there and spend some time with him. Also Delhi isn't too far from Mumbai and the connectivity is amazing. We have an hour flight in between and we can move from one place to another in three hours, so don't worry about all of that. Dadu was telling me that we have to get rings. If you are free tomorrow, we can go and finish buying rings of our choice. Finished dinner?" He asked, smoothly diverting her attention from one point to another.

"Such a sweet talker aren't you? Yeah, we can go tomorrow. Maybe around 11 o'clock? After that we can also have lunch together if that's okay with you?" She chuckled, as she responded to his questions.

"Sounds fine to me. We shall then meet at 11." Rudra said.

"So you are going to be cutting off work again or working overtime?" She teased, and hearing Rudra laugh on the other end brought a small laugh on her lips.

"I need not work overtime, but I like being in control, so I generally overwork myself. This has to change because now I have new responsibilities and relationships and my family is growing." Rudra had a long lost thought. It was as if he could see a happily ever after with Anjali.