Chapter 15: Back to Normal

Just like Rudra and Anjali had predicted, Dev wanted Priyanshi to move in with him. He wanted her to come back with him to Mumbai, to live with his family. Since everyone in the house was cordial with Priyanshi, he was also sure that his daughter would grow up in good hands. And whenever Dev or Priyanshi had to go for shooting or work, Mahira would be taken care of by her grandparents and her great grandparents. Priyanshi was initially hesitant about moving with him into his big family, she was ready to move in with Dev into some other house, but moving together with his family was a big decision. But Dev left no stone unturned when he went down on one knee proposing her for a marriage. Again. In front of the whole family. Priyanshi couldn't help but agree. He had also gotten a promise ring for his daughter, sliding it into her little finger, promising his angel and her mother the world.

"Come on now that everyone's happy and settled, I think it is time to settle Ved's life as well." His dadi said, as everyone was celebrating, a small evening filled with love and laughter. Now that everything was back to normal and everyone was where they belonged to, Ved had become an easy target. Ved looked at Anjali who gave him a small reassuring nod.

"Dadi, he is only 25 now. I think we can wait for a year more before he can be married." Anjali said, making Ved's mother eye him suspiciously.

"Yeah, that would also be fair. But I don't think getting him married now is also a big thing. His dad was 24 when he got married, his chachu was 26 during his marriage, and his own brother got married at 24. Let us see. What do you think, Ved?" His mother asked him, making his ears turn into a shade of pink.

"Ma, I think we can wait ma. I don't think I am ready to settle down any time soon." He said timidly, making everyone laugh at his childishness.

"Are you in love dear? Because if that is so, then we can do something about it. Can we meet the girl?" His chachi asked him, making his eyes wide in surprise.

He immediately shook his head in a no and spoke, "No, no, there is no one. I just don't feel like getting married now. I feel I need some more time." He said, shying away behind his bhaiya bhabhi, making everyone laugh at his nervousness. Ved was always the silent one and his marriage would mean finding a girl who can bear his silence along with his love and that was one hell of a tedious task.

"Okay, but if you have someone in your mind, you should let us know." His dad said, playing with Mahi in his arms. She loved being the focus of all attention and now getting her grandpa's attention seemed like an easy task for her. 

"Now that everyone is set in their place, why don't you and Anjali spend some time with each other and go on a holiday. I am sure you guys have constantly had something or the other on your plate since your marriage. I am sure your work can also take a break from your workaholic selves." Rudra's dadu said, making everyone agree with him.

"Then it's final, no arguments, You guys are officially going on a vacation." Rudra and Anjali could only agree, because they knew arguing with their family was futile. One week later they were off to Amsterdam.

**********

Anjali was texting everyone that they had landed safely and checked in. Since they had chosen to travel by a private flight, things were even better for them. They were well rested and relaxed in spite of the time difference.

"I thought we decided not to work for two weeks." Rudra spoke, as he wrapped his arms around Anjali's waist hugging her from behind.

"I am texting Arjun about our status, Rudr. I do remember the decision." She said, glancing at him as she continued to text Arjun.

"Hmm, for months together, my wife has deprived me of her attention, is that fair?" Rudr asked in a teasing voice, trailing soft kisses from her temple to her neck. Anjali squirmed in his arms at the sudden affection.