Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Aria’s POV

I hugged myself as I shivered.  Niall and I were both drenched from the pouring rain.  We made it back as quick as possible and assured everyone that we were okay before rushing to our room to change into warm clothes.

“I think I’m going to warm myself up with a nice, hot shower.”  I unzipped Niall’s hoodie and tugged it off, which proved to be difficult since it was stuck to my skin with dampness.

Niall effortlessly pulled his t-shirt off over his head.  “Okay, babe.”

I dropped Niall’s hoodie in the nearby laundry hamper on my way to the bathroom.  I walked in and closed the door behind me, leaving it unlocked.  The bathroom was very spacious just like the rest of the boys’ hotel room.  I stripped off my clothes and stepped into the shower, sliding the glass door shut behind me.  I turned the knob for hot water and turned the knob just a touch for cold water, of course I wanted it mostly hot but I didn’t want to burn myself! 

I tilted my head back and closed my eyes as warm water rained down on me.  I don’t know what it is about showers but it doesn’t just cleanse your body it cleanses your mind too.  It washes away all your problems and stress for just a little while.

I was suddenly startled by the sound of the glass door to the shower closing.  I knew I had shut it when I stepped in.

I whipped around, nearly colliding with Niall’s fully naked body.

“NIALL!  W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”  I shrieked as I hastily shut off the water and opened the glass door just enough for me to grab my towel hanging off to the side and awkwardly covered myself with it.

Niall looked at me, his face full of innocence.  “Well I figured I could use a shower too and I didn’t think you’d mind me coming in with you.”  His expression changed to a smirk.  “And also we save water by showering together.”

I tried to ignore the icy coldness that was attacking my back as I pressed myself into the wall behind me, my heart was beating rapidly as I fixed my eyes on Niall’s.

“Why are you staring at me like that?”  He shifted his eyes nervously.

“I’m trying not to be rude by looking at your…um…”

“Oh!”  Niall chuckled as he looked down then brought his eyes back up to meet mine.  I kept my eyes on him, refusing to give in to curiosity’s gravitational pull.

There was a moment of silence as we both waited for the other to say something.

“Well if you want me to leave I can take a shower after you’re done.”  Niall scratched the side of his head.

When I didn’t respond he reached over and started to slide the glass door open.

“No wait!”  I spat.

He froze and turned back to me.

“You can stay, I was just caught off guard.”  I let out a nervous laugh.

“Are you sure?  I don’t mind showering after you.”  He said softly.

“No, stay.  I mean you’re my boyfriend so I shouldn’t be afraid to shower with you.  I mean not that I am afraid to shower with you because I’m not.  It’s just we haven’t done that before and I just…don’t really know where I’m going with this…and I’m rambling.  I’m going to just stop talking now.”

He smiled, closing the glass door and stepping closer to me.  My towel and a tiny portion of empty space were the only things preventing our bodies from touching.