Chapter 18

― Chapter 18 ―

Aria’s POV

The boys and Eleanor had wanted to go out but Niall, having just taken his medication, wouldn’t be in the state to go anywhere and they didn’t want to leave us out.  Niall and I had both agreed that we were okay with it and so we were left alone with the hotel room to ourselves for a few hours.  Liam had said when they come back, if Niall was up for it, we’d go to see his mother and brother.  I was very nervous about meeting them.  What if they didn’t like me?  What if they thought I wasn’t good enough for Niall?  After all I did feel that he deserves someone much better than me.

“Aria?”  Niall lightly squeezed my hand as he spoke, trying to get my attention.

I looked over at him, his head resting on the back of the couch as his sleepy eyes studied me.  “I’m sorry, I was lost in my own thoughts again.”  I let out a small, breathy laugh.

He rubbed my knuckles with his thumb soothingly.  “What’s wrong?”

“Niall, you’re tired.  We can talk about it later.” 

“I’m wide awake.  Please tell me, what’s eating at you.”  I could tell he was tired, his eyes were glossy and his voice was deeper and groggy.  But I knew he wasn’t going to give up until I told him.

I sighed.  “I’m just worried about meeting your mom and brother.”

He frowned but waited for me to continue.

“What if they don’t like me?”  I looked at him from the corner of my eye to see his reaction.

He chuckled.  “They’ll love you.” 

He tugged on my hand, trying to pull me towards him.  I shifted my weight closer to him, sitting partially on his lap.  He looked up at me and smiled as he reached up and brushed a few strands of my hair back.

“You’re perfect.”  A swarm of butterflies filled my stomach at his words.

I returned the smile and leaned down, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

I bit my lip as I pulled away.  “Your voice is even sexier when you’re sleepy.”

The grin on his face definitely told me this amused him.  “Oh?  Does it turn you on?”

I felt myself blush.  “Nooo...I-I just find it sexy that’s all.”

His grin grew wider.  “Your blushing tells me different.”

I was about to move away from him when he managed to pull me even closer to him.  Unable to hold myself up with Niall holding my arms, I fell into his chest.

I felt his arms wrap around me as I looked up at him. 

He smirked.  “Would you like me to sing you to sleep with my sexy, sleepy voice?”

I pursed my lips.  “You’re the one who needs to rest, you’re just exhausting yourself by fighting the medication.”

He just laughed.

~ Few Hours Later ~

I had put a movie on for Niall and I to watch, which ended up being only me watching since he had fallen asleep.  I didn’t mind though, I was cuddled up in his arms as I watched one of my favourite movies “Monster-In-Law”.  I know you’d probably think that wouldn’t help my nerves of meeting Niall’s family but I highly doubt that his mother was anything like Jane Fonda’s character, “Viola” in the movie.  And she changed her ways in the end!