Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Aria’s POV

When we arrived back to the hotel, while avoiding paparazzi and some fans, Harry had called the hotel doctor to come and look at Niall.  The others all woke up and were asking numerous questions, Harry explained everything to them.

I wasn’t saying anything.  I was just anxiously waiting to see what the doctor had to say and waiting for Niall to wake up.  I couldn’t help but feel that I was responsible for this.  I was the reason Niall kept getting hurt.  If I wasn’t such a weakling I could fight my own battles.  Maybe agreeing to stay with Niall was a mistake.

“He’s waking up!”  The sound of Zayn’s voice broke me out of my thoughts.

“Niall, how do you feel?”  The doctor was leaning in front of him.  I kept my eyes on Niall, he looked so out of it.

“My head…”  He groaned.  “W-where am I?  What happened?”

“It’s okay Niall.  You’re back at the hotel, we’re here with you, everything’s going to be okay.”  Liam said calmly.

The boys crowded around Niall but I stayed back.  I didn’t want to get in anyone’s way and I had caused enough trouble for all of them.  I watched as he lifted his hand to touch near his left eye, he winced.

“Yeah you’ve got a bit of a black eye there, mate, it’s best if you don’t touch it.”  Louis said softly.

“Niall, I have pain medication here for you I would suggest you take it.  Another thing is rest, I can’t stress enough how important that is with your wound from a previous encounter still not fully healed.  The medication may make you a bit drowsy too which will hopefully encourage you to rest and not get involved in anything that could cause worse wounds.”  The doctor said sternly.

Niall nodded although he didn’t look like he was listening much he looked a little annoyed.  I knew he hated being told that he had to just rest. I learned pretty quick that he likes to get right back into his normal activities neglecting any injuries he has.

“Does anything else hurt, Niall?”  The doctor asked, his gaze carefully studying Niall.

“No, I’m fine.”  Niall blankly stated.  He had to be lying, there’s no way he was completely pain free.

“Niall, tell the truth.”  Harry ordered.  He held an ice pack to the right side of his face, he had a black eye there also.

Niall’s eyes shifted to glare at him.  “Okay fine, the place where I was stabbed hurts a bit and the back of my head is throbbing but it’s not that bad.”

All four boys were giving him unconvinced looks.  The doctor also looked unconvinced.

“Alright then.  Take the pain medication, get lots of rest which means having to deal with not being able to be as active as you may be used to.  If you start to feel worse at all, feel free to contact me.”  The doctor exchanged glances with all the boys to make sure they all understood.

“Don’t worry doctor, we’ll make sure Niall takes that medication.”  Zayn reassured as he walked him to the door, leading him out.

As soon as the doctor left, Niall forced himself to sit up, grimacing in pain.  The boys had their hands out to help up but he waved them off.

“So it’s not that bad huh, Niall?”  Liam said with raised eyebrows.

“I can handle it.”  Niall retorted.

“Well you can handle it with pain medication.  Here.”  Louis held out two pills and a glass of water.  Niall reluctantly took the pills from him and threw them to the back of his throat before taking the glass of water and washing them down.