𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻, 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗌𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗅

chapter fourteen, the night in school

═════◄••❀••►══════

The school doors slam shut, shaking on their hinges as Scott and Stiles grip the handlebars with everything they’ve got. Avery stumbles into the Hallway as tears ran down her face.

Her mind playing one memory with her Brother after another. Never stopping. And in that Moment Avery realized that she would be alone here in Beacon Hills. She realized that she would never see her Brother again or hear His voice. Avery is so deep in her Mind, reliving the memories with her Brother, that she doesn't pay attention to the two panicing boys.

Many people Look at Avery in pity, except Damon, who still has Elena's head in his Lap. The Doppelgänger still unconscious.

"Lock it, lock it!" Scott shouts, Holding the door close.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles says, also clutching the door.

"Grab something—" Scott doesn't get to finish his sentece, because Stiles cuts him off, "What?"

"Anything!" While Scott clutches the handlebars, Stiles looks out the doors to the bolt cutters leaning against the wall outside. Scott realizes what Stiles is thinking and speaks up before Stiles even gets the chance to speaks, "No." 

"Yes."

"No, Stiles, don’t—" But he pushes past Scott, stepping out into the cold air.

Holding still, Stiles glances into the darkness. All he sees is the breath pluming from his lips. Then feet moving, he races to the side of the building where the bolt cutters lie. Grabbing them, he turns back to see — Scott staring out the glass doors. Trying to speak. Trying to say 'run.'

Stilinski looks at the screen in worry, after all it's his only son out there.

Stiles slowly turns his head as something lopes out of the darkness, a swiftly moving thing coming right for him.
Stiles charges back in with the bolt cutters. Scott grabs the other handle, the two of them fumbling to get both sides of the tool down into the bars, a makeshift lock.

When they look up again the walkway leading to the doors lies empty. A few leaves tumble across the pavement.

Scott turns to see Avery sitting against the wall, her hands in her Hair as she keeps mumbling something under her breath, that even he with His superhearing, can't make out. He walks over to her, and kneels down so he's eyesight with the young Hale-Witch.
"Avery?" He softly speaks, grabbing Stiles attention. "I know you proprably do not want to move, but we need to leave, okay? You hear me?"

After seeing a short nod from the girl, He helps her up, and together the three slowly retreat Back, taking each step faster and faster, until — they're running.