Spoiled Qualifying - CARLANDO

Couple: Carlos & Lando

Year: 2023

Basic Situation: Spoiled qualifying in Qatar

Teaser: *He was alone, so he allowed himself to be weak. Not only did he mess up the qualifying, he even had to see the Carloses together.The girl comes to almost all the competitions with the Spaniard, even though deep down Lando insists that she doesn't come. Don't have to turn that particular dagger in his already bleeding heart even more.*

-----------------------------------------

Lando Norris, a McLaren driver, entered Q3 with his last lap. Will, his race engineer, lists those drivers on the team radio as the youngest Briton on the grid, who will also participate with him in the third stage of qualifying. His heart was pounding when he heard the name of his much-loved Spaniard. In other words, he just wants he to be his. He is secretly and deeply in love with Carlos Sainz Jr., but he has no intention of reporting the tender feelings in his heart to the Ferrari driver. It would ruin everything. It's true, lately he feels that Carlos is avoiding him, but he admits that he has a new girlfriend in the person of Rebecca. Of course, the Spaniard introduced her to him and found nothing wrong with the girl. They made a perfect couple. Another reason is to keep his mouth closed. The Spaniard would laugh at him and end their friendship once and for all. And Lando didn't want to lose him, although he feels that they are getting further apart. They talk less often, they hardly do a joint program, if it doesn't take more than 5 minutes, because the Spaniard jumps at every word of the girl. He is gnawed by jealousy and every night he falls asleep thinking how good it would be to be in Rebecca's place. But he couldn't show that he was jealous. In the end, Carlos is happy and even hurt, but he accepted that the Spaniard is not interested in him in any other way. Because the most important thing for the Briton was that the Ferrari driver should be happy, even if it feels like a dagger has been stuck in his heart and every single time he sees the couple hugging the paddock, that dagger penetrates deeper into his soul and turns into his soul in it. It's hard not to cry, but he couldn't afford weakness. At least before the Spaniard, because he couldn't risk falling. He kept the crying between the hotel rooms and the walls of his own apartment. His feelings were revealed to Max Verstappen who were called heartless for everyone, the Williams driver, Alex Albon and Mercedes' George Russell. Oh, and during the drunken Singapore night, he managed to get rid of the most feared secret of his rookie teammate, the Aussie Oscar Piastri. But he didn't know that through Max, Charles also knew about the Briton's tender feelings.

"You can go, Lando."said his race engineer over the radio. He shook his head a little to banish the Spaniard from his thoughts and set off on the Q3 warm-up lap. He knew that this track was perhaps the first of the season to get the pole. Thanks to the development packages, they can take up the gloves with strong teams such as Mercedes, Aston Martin and Ferrari. Lando had a terrible desire for a pole, since it was 2 years since he was able to start from the first place. Not to mention the first victory, which he probably didn't know about this season, since Redbull or rather Max, proves to be invincible on almost all tracks.

"Lando, your time has been deleted due to leaving the track limits."they told him.The Briton knew that he couldn't make a mistake in his last fast lap if he wanted a pole. But it didn't work out for him. He knew he had crossed the white line with all four wheels with his car.

"The information has just arrived from the FIA that your last measured lap has been taken."Lando slapped the steering wheel in his anger. He knew very well that he had messed this up. The pace would have been in the car, even if it was difficult to drive at idle.

"Damn it! How can I be so stupid? How can I be such shit? What am I? Rookie?" cursed the Briton.

"This is P10, Lando. We can't do anything. You can improve the race."Lando also made his cooling lap and drove into the pit. During interviews, it was revealed that his Aussie teammate also fell victim to the track limits, so the rookie can start from sixth place the next day, apparently not affected by the result, but has already managed to get to know the newcomer. He can hide his emotions much better than him, the experienced teammate. The latter therefore envied Oscar. But of course, the fact that his lap was also taken away was damned not comforted. Deep down, he roared like a jackal because of his poison for himself. He knew he had to survive even the interviews, which he didn't want to do in the middle of his back at the moment. He wanted to be alone. Max Verstappen, who of course took the first place, patted him comfortingly on his back, signaling to the Briton that he was ready to listen, but Lando was definitely at the moment to lock himself in his dressing room and finally be alone. He and the silence.