the origin of the Orae

basically, in Nyla and the 7 Chakras, there's 2 godlike beings called Hardames (renamed from hades) and orae. (pronounced ore)

here's how they became gods

((Ethan's pov))

My brother and I were inseparable. Even as we climbed Poison Mountain, we refused to separate.

You see, we heard of a flower planted up here that would give you immortality if you picked it up. However, it was planted under a magic manchineel tree, ten times more toxic than a regular one. And if a normal one could kill you with a single raindrop, then this one... no armor nor antidote could save you. But the tree was safe if it was completely dry. It was almost never dry. That hill was rained upon almost every day. No one dared to step under, even with the promise of immortality. But during the drought, we took a risk.

"Cmon, Henry!" I exclaimed. The tree was in view. Henry was obviously tired, but I was still full of energy. I ran up to the flower, admiring it for a second. It had a golden stem, with seven petals, each a different color. One for each chakra. I gently plucked it out of the ground, feeling power coursing through my veins.

"Didja get it?" Henry asked. I nodded happily. He put his hand on my shoulder, congratulating me.

Then a drop of water hit my head.

Then another.

And another.

In an instant, my brother fell into my arms, lifeless. I screamed in anguish as I was left alone, immortal and crying his name. I put the flower in his hand, hoping it still had some immortality in it. I cried when I realized it didn't.

But it gave him what it had left.

Cold, empty, darkness.