Chapter 23

Please vote and comment
🔸🔸🔸🔸

allah mujhe dard ke
kaabil bana diya
toofan ko hi kashti ka
saahil bana diya

bechainiyan sameT ke
saare jahaan ki
jab kuch na ban saka to
mera dil bana diya

o saathi, tere bina..
saahil dhuaan dhuaan

🔸🔸🔸🔸

Author POV

The couple was sitting in the car, Teju was driving while Karan was looking out of the window. Karan had his head pushed out a little out of the car and closed his eyes letting the wind hit his face. There was a tender warm smile on his face. Tejasswi turned her head to see him with a closed eyes and a smile made up her face.

She had a smile watching him like that. He was a kid in human body. She focused on the driving when she heard Karan screaming.

"Oh uncle aunty you look cute" To a random old couple on the road and waving his hand like a excited kid.  The couple chuckled at him.

Tejasswi pulled him inside the car by holding his shirt making Karan looked at her. He looked at her with the doe eyes, He poked his finger through her arm and then did the same with him. He then pouted at her and sat there folding his hand and looking forward with a adorable pout.

Tejasswi just shook her head at his behavior.

"What happened?" She asked softly to see him ignoring her. She would usually be angry seeing someone ignore her but seeing him like that the only one thing was to laugh at him.

"So someone is ignoring me" She said turning the car around to see him looking at her with her doe eyes.

" If they are ignoring me, I will not buy ice cream" She said

"No I was not ignoring you" Karan said with a huff.

"Then you didn't answer the question I asked you?" Tejasswi said

"I didn't hear you" He defended himself cutely making Tejasswi chuckle and she  pulled his cheek. Karan smiled at her rubbing his cheek.

Tejasswi parked the car on the side and got down to see Karan was already near the country checking for ice cream. Tejasswi just smiled at her husband. He was a cute bub whom she wanted to protect. She came out her dreamland when she saw Karan waving at her. She walked towards the counter when Karan forwarded the menu card.

"Which one do you want?" He asked her looking at her.

"Which one did you buy?" She asked him

" I brought butterscotch" He said

"I will have the same" She said forwarding the card,

She removed her phone and payed for the ice cream while her man was busy ogling at the ice cream. The ice cream parlour owner had a huge smile on his face seeing him.  Tejasswi just shook her head at him.

They collected their ice cream and went to the nearby beach to have it. Both of them sat on the beach, Tejasswi's head was on his shoulder while Karan was sitting there seeing the sea. Both of them were enjoying the ice cream.

"Can I ask you something" Tejasswi asked while Karan hummed at her.

"Why me? Karan" Tejasswi asked.

She knew this was not the right state but she wanted her soul to be satisfied. She had heard people telling that they tell the truth when someone was drunk, She trusted him but she did not trust herself. She didn't want to be a burden for him, she had many insecurities from her past which she did not wanted to hunt in their future together.

"I remember telling you before we tied the knot" Karan said slowly.

"I know but when were you sure that you agreed to the alliance?" Tejasswi   questioned him again

"Probably when Rudra asked me to marry you, Trust me there were not even a single thought of me getting married. I never wanted to get married in the past but that day the thought never raised. My dad used to always tell you need to follow your instincts sometime, that day I followed his advice and I followed my heart." Karan said and Tejasswi hummed.

"I will tell you one more interesting thing?" Karan said and Tejasswi hummed.

" You know just before going to the mandap, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. A image of a happy family came into my mind including all of us and trust me, that is when I was confirmed about making the decision" Karan said and Tejasswi looked at him with a smile.

"Why me Teju?" Karan asked after sometime,

"Why not you?" Tejasswi questioned him back.

"I don't know, tell me?" Karan said.

" I would want to tell you when you are in your senses?" Teju replied and Karan smiled.

"My lady, If you are thinking I am not your sense then you are wrong, I am not Rudra that I will not remember the next day and for your information, Ice cream reduces the effect of alcohol on me" Karan replied with a smile.

Tejasswi wrapped her small fingers around his big arm and shifted to his side,

"You know, I frankly don't know. My love for Ayaan had faded a long time ago and that day when you came to my room and said those words, I was like let's give this a chance, I was happy that day seeing you in the room and I hope I don't regret it" Tejasswi said

"And I hope I don't let you regret this"  Karan muttered and Tejasswi smiled at him.

Now both of them were lost in their world ignoring the rest of the world.

"want to go on a walk?" Karan asked and Tejasswi hummed.

Karan got up and held her hand, He interlocked their fingers and a smile made up both of their faces. Both of them knew about the feelings about the other was growing stronger day by day. Both of them looked at the sky thanking the lord for this beautiful chapter of their life. They were sure that this chapter was indeed a best part of their life.

I promise to never leave you, always be with you.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

A small chapter, I know but I hope you guys loved it, Please vote and comment as it motivates me to write. I hope to give a update soon.

Any suggestion for improvement of the story or  about the writing ?

Rate it out of 10.