Chapter 12: The letter

It took around 20 minutes of starring at the ceiling before Mary could recall everything that just happened.

The talk, her thoughts, Aiden and the promise to write the letter.

Yeah...the letter. She still had to somehow talk about her feelings in it. Without making it too clear, that it bothers her so much because of the Mistress herself.

But all of this wouldn't help she just needed to write something down, so why not be completly honest with it. In the worst case she could just pretent that she didn't found the right words to describe it and meant something different.

So after putting all the formalitys on it like name and the subject, she started to write her explanation, and somehow also her appoligy letter. Starting with the first problem, how should she start ? 'Dear Mistress'? Can you call your countess 'dear'? Or is there a more formal way to say it?

But without thinking more about it she just started, knowing that it is more important what she says about her behavior rather than the introduction.:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mistress,

with this letter I want to apologize for my behavior.
I haven't worked here for long and I know that i haven't presented myself in a good light yet.
But please belive me, that i'm not doing all of this to upset you in any way.

We've already talked about my first time breaking the rules, and I gave you a good reason to it.

I'm afraid that for this time, i won't be able to explain myself that good.

It might even sound silly, but its the whole truth.

I left my room at night, knowing about the Monsters outside. I knew what type of danger I put myself in, and I still went out anyways.

If you think that I went to meet your brother, like you probably assumed when he said 'i bumped into him that night' I didn't.
I was on my way back from the actual reason, and didn't know who he was at all.

The real reason has something to do with my feelings, so its hard to explain.

I don't know if you can even imagine how i feel, so i won't assume that you'll understand my behavior in any way.

I went outside to see Claire, she asked me to talk about my feelings. So we met outside of work, at night in her room.

It is not about any type of feeling, its about love....

I-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary puts down the pencil, looking at the paper.
Does she really has to tell her, her true feelings?

Wouldn't it come strange? What if the Mistress asks about it?
But then again, she wouldn't....

Lost in her thoughts again Marys head begann to hurt. Her overthinking grew unbearable and the thing that ripped her out of her thoughts was the loud reading of a male voice.

"-its not about any feeling, its about love?" Aiden had walked in when she was thinking again. Now leaning over her desk, reading her letter.

"Love? Thats all? Is that what she meant with breaking the rules, did you brought in a boy?" A slightly teasing tone was in his voice, which disappeard imediently the moment he looked at her.

He could practicly feel her panic and embarresment of explaining herself, even in this letter.

"Calm down, doll. Its just a letter, no reason to start panicing..." He, kneeled down next to her, looking in her eyes. Trying to give her a bit reasurance, that everything was okay.

"Breathe..." Was all he said, and started breathing loud in a slow rythm, to which Mary soon joined in on.

Calming herself down.

Once she stopped shaking, Aiden stood back up, sitting down on the couch. "Now come, get away from that letter and just say, what you're afraid of..."

"I don't even know you that well" Mary protested but got cut off by Aiden not shortly after.
"You didn't know Claire that well either, so just say it..."

She wasn't sure what it was about him, but he didn't gave her a bad impression. He seemed genuenly concerned for her well beeing, and even if her head hesitated, her heart needed to get it out.

"I'm not sure, if you're the right person to talk to..." Mary still held back only earning a soft chuckle from Aiden.

"Listen here little Doll, i'm an expert when it comes to relationships...i'm might not be proud of it, but i've had many before...."

Mary belived him, without questioning further. He was indeed pretty handsome  and most girls here would probably say the same.
But besides his looks, was his slightly teasing character quite charming as well.

But that wouldn't solve her problem..."but its not about a Boy or anything, thats the problem...."

Aiden stayed quiet for a moment, before chuckeling once again. "Even better, I wouldn't know shit about meeting Boys."

Even tho Mary didn't feel like he'd understand her problem, she couldn't help but giggle as well.

Aiden was nice, suprisingly funny and not arrogant about his body and relationships.
An in general open person....maybe he was the right person to talk to...

"Don't laugh yet little Doll, I don't know anything about dateing my sister as well~"
Marys giggle stopped, and she only looked at him blushing and in shock.

"I didn't plan on dateing your sister..." She quietly replied, unable to hide that it made her think about it for a second.

Aidens chuckle stopped as well, and he looked at her confused "If its not that, why are you even making a fuss about telling her? I mean its pretty obvious that she won't have anything against it...If she would that'd be pretty ironic."

Mary looked down again unsure If she should tell him her story as well, or just the problem that comes with it.

With the way she was raised up, with the belive that it is and always will be sinful. With the thought of dissapointing her father and ending like her governess....

To be continued.....