Chapter 6: Honesty

Mary swallowed hard. "Yes? What would you like to know, Milady?"

The Mistress leaned over looking directly into Marys eyes. "I want to know what exactly made you decide to leave the other uniforms there. You could have simply taken one after not finding yours"

Mary looked suprised for a moment. How did she knew that they didn't found it, or that she decided not to take one and not Claire.

The Mistress only replied with a giggle "You didn't really thought that i wouldn't notice when someone enters my room, did you?"

Seeing the blonde giggle like that suprised Mary even more. She seemed so strict and all the Maids were afraid of her or had great respect. It was really unbelivable that she was able to laugh this nicely.

But that moment didn't stay for long and the Mistress returned to her stricter face. "I don't like asking twice, you know."

Mary quickly shook her head, trying to organise her thoughts again. Her dark locks bouncing while doing so.
"Pardon Milady. But to be honest, I didn't took it simply because of the reason that it felt like stealing."

The Mistress looked at her, waiting for more explanation.

With Mary not hesitating long to do so.
"Even tho these uniforms, didn't belong to a specific person at that moment, they were meant for one. And I knew that it wasn't me. So i couldn't bring myself to take something that wasn't mine.
Because it felt worse than just working without a uniform on." She stopped talking for a moment "Thats the reason I didn't take another one."

The blue eyes countess, stayed quiet for a moment before leaning back in her chair, starting to talk. "Even tho i'm more than dissapointed to know that you broke into my private chambers without permision. I'm grateful for your honesty, I respect that you rather break a rule than dissapoint yourself or others."

A gentle smile formed on her lips "I had a feeling about you, and I think I was right. I wanted to see how far you would go, by not giving you your uniform yet."

It was a test? Mary thought. While the Mistress continues talking.

"You passed, dear. I'm glad that i was right about you. Now please follow me, so i can give you your new uniform and the rule book."

Without another word the Mistress stood up, walking over to the door, waiting for Mary to follow her.

The black haired girl nodded and walked over to the doors holding them open for the Mistress. While having a little thought about the nickname she Just received. 'Dear'? Was it her way of being polite and show gratefulnes?

Mary didn't had much time thinking about that, because the countess already Made her way to a small little room. A room that Mary hasn't seen yet.

Inside was only one dress, a beautiful mid long maiddress, in black with some embroidered flowers and a white hem. In the front was a little white apron, tied around the dress with a beautiful bow on the back.

On the chest part was someone corset like. With it being able to be tied perfectly around the waist and upper body.
Lastly was a red flower sewn onto the left sight of the chest part, exactly there where the heart would supposingly be.

Overall was it a stunning uniform, very detailed and well worked.

Matching to the dress itself, was a pair of thigh highs also embroided with flowers, and some flat black shoes. With their only accessoire being, a little Red flower on the strap.

"Close your mouth dear, its just a dress."

Mary didn't realised that she had her mouth open, while starring and admiring the dress.

She quickly closed it and stepped a bit closer to the dress, reaching an arm out to carefully touch the material, that the dress was made of.

It was a light fabric, not see through but not too thick either. It was simply perfect.
And there again was this 'dear', was it her nickname now?

"Try it on." The Mistress demanded and Mary looked around, looking for a place to change. "Just do it in this room, i'll wait outside" the blonde said and turned around, letting Mary close the door. Trying on her new dress.

It was rather simple to put on, even if it seemed like more it was all just one piece and tieing it was suprisingly easy.

The thigh highs anf shoes being no problem what so ever. So it took her less then full minutes to change, before she was ready to step out the room to show her new dress to the Mistress.

Mary smiled while opening the door, spinning one time to make the dress twirl. It fitted perfectly bringing out all the good parts of her body, which seemed to be everything in this dress.

Even the Mistress herself seemed to be a bit taken back by the way the dress fitted her body. Not even finding anything to say and simply nodding as a response instead.

"And the book Mistress?" Mary asked not wanting to admit that it made her quite happy that Mistress seemed to like it.

"Y-yeah. I mean, yes of course" she cleared her throat, turning her gaze from Mary and walking into her chambers. Quickly coming back with a small book, which had 'Rules' written on the cover.

She handed it over to Mary, who takes it with a bow. "Thank you, Milady"
Her black hair, falling in her face once more.

"You need to put your hair up better than that. May i?" The blonde looked at Mary asking. To which Mary only replied with a "Of course, Milady"

To be continued....