Chapter 7: Hairstyle

"Great then sit down on the couch over there please, i'll get a brush real quick" with that the Mistress made her way back into her chambers leaving Mary alone with her thoughts for a moment.

Is she really planning on doing my hair? No, she'll probably Just give me to stuff to do it myself.
What Mistress would even care to do her Maids hair?

Mary didn't had much more time to think about it, because the blonde Countess already came back with a hairbrush, some hairpins and a white ribbon.
"Turn to the side, please" she speaks with a calm voice. Before sitting down next to her.

With a suprised look Mary turned to the side, allowing the Mistress access to her back, long, locks.

And without another words, she felt the hairbrush against her scalp. Going smoothly through her hair.

"You have really soft hair..." The Mistress whispers in a tone, that had Mary thinking about if she was really meant to hear it. So it was best for now not to respond.

The gently brushing went on for a few minutes, before the Countess started to section her hair into different pieces.
Starting to make thight bun, pinning it to her head with some hairpins, to make sure that no strand of hair falls out.

Mary flinched a bit, at how tight the bun was to her head, and only imagined how long it'll take to get all the pins out again later. But she endured it and waited for what comes next.

The Mistress in the meantime started with the second section of her hair, and gently braided it, tieing  the end with a little ribbon.
Before lastly wrapping the braided hair around the bun. Making it look similar to a flower.

To secure everything together she added the longer white ribbon, tieing it with a little bow before letting go off Mary's hair.

The black haired girl breathed out, only realising now that she's been holding her breath nearly this whole time.
A soft "Thank you, Milady" was all that left her lips before she looked at her hands. Confused why this situation was so strange to her.

"Is it too thight?" The Mistress asked with a gentle tone, which only had a little bit worry in it.

"No Milady, its fine ..." Mary responded still not sure what this encounter did to her.

"Then turn around please, I want to look at it from the front" The voice of the countess spoke to her once again. And Mary obeyed without further questions.

Now that both girls were sitting on the couch facing each other, for the Mistress to take a closer look at her Maids hair.

Apparently she missed a strand of hair, because right  behind Marys ear, was a singular black lock.

The Mistress reached out for her softly pulling it out from ther, letting it fall right next to the Maids face.

This little strand of her made the pretty formal, and thight looking hairstyle appear a bit more playful.

With a gentle smile the Mistress nodded, obviously satiesfied with her work.
"You can go join Claire now. You still have work 'till 5."

Without even waiting for an answer the blonde disappeard. Leaving Mary sitting on the couch, with her new hairstyle and the rule book.
"...yes, Mistress…." She whispers out under her breath. Making her way to go to Claire.

Once she entered the door, she was greeted with a suprised sounding "Mary!?"

Mary looked at the red head, that was already half through with all the laundry. "Yes?"

It only took seconds before she was pulled into a hug. "Thanks again for the thing with the Mistress. When she wanted to talk to you i thought it was over...."

"Why? Like she'd kill me" Mary laughed Softly. But Claire stayed silent.

An akward silence stayed for a moment. Before the other Maid quickly changed the topic. "Well, look at you. Looking good in the new dress, i've never seen such a detailed one."

Mary looked down at herself and then at Claires uniform. She was right, her uniform was much more detailed and decorated.

"And your hair, looks great as well. How did you do that?!" The red head asked excited, softly touching her Hair.

Mary looked at her unsure what to say "I didn't do it. Mistress did..."

Claires smile disappeard and was replaced by a look of confusion "Juliet did your hair? Why?"

"I don't know, she said i couldn't wear it open and started to do this hairstyle..."

Claires face turned into a teasing smirk. "Did someone caught the Mistress's attention already?~ Who knows, maybe she likes you~ or-"

"Claire! Stop it. She's the Mistress and she's just being nice. Its a royal Family they wouldn't care for a woman anyways!"

Claire only looks at her raising an eyebrow "Darling, let me tell you one thing. Marissa and I are not going in her private chambers to play chess..."

"So what? I don't like women like that..." Mary looked away. Picking up some laundry and went over to seperate the different colors. "Now let's get to work..."

Claire suprisingly didn't talked back and grabbed some laundry as well, so that after a few minutes all colors were seperated.

Just when Mary was about to wash the first pieces Claire spoke up again. "If you...want to talk about your feelings, i'm here.... I'll try not to make jokes about it."

Mary still didn't look at her continuing her work "Why would I want to talk about my feelings?"

The red head softly layed a hand on her shoulder. "Because you seem pretty closed about them... enough to make you cry, after such a simple question."

It was only then that Mary even noticed the tears that were running down her cheeks, leaving little wet spots on the dry clothes.

"So if you need someone to listen. Just come to my room tonight, knock 3 times, so i know its you and not one of these horrible Monsters."

Mary only nods slowly, feeling the warm feeling of Claires hand leave her shoulder as she continued her work.

To be continued....