Chapter 8: Trouble in the halls

Mary looked at the clock, waiting patiently for Isobel to finally fall asleep.

It was late that evening and the first scratching and screaming of the night already started. But this time Mary wasn't scared. She was terrifyed, she knew to reach Claires and Marissa's room, she had to go out there, not knowing what creatures the drak held from her eyes.

With every second passing she felt like a even worse monster would appear, just waiting to tear her appart, to slowly bite the flesh off her bones. Leaving her there, not recognisable for anyone...

Then finally, she heard the soft snoring from Isobel and quietly walks to the door. Pressing her ear against it, trying to hear if anything was waiting outside for her. But besides some creaking noises from the door nothing could be heard.

"Whatever is out there....i'm not scared" she whispers and opens the door slowly taking a peak outside.

But there was nothing besides pure darknes. And ....a pair of eyes starring at her?

Marys heart stopped beating for a moment looking at the red eyes, that were starring hungrily at her. A low growling could be heard.

She quickly closed the door again, pressing her back against the door. Breathing heavily, while looking pale and shocked into the corner of the room.

What was that? And is it still there? Everything was quiet again. No growling or anything, not even creaking in the floor.

Should she go for it? ...
Without thinking about it more, she ran outside the room, down into the halls. Hammaring against the door, completly forgetting about the three knocks she was supposed to do.

But it didn't Matter at that moment, she could hear something run down the halls, its long claws scratching over the floor.

It ran faster than most human would, and it sounded like it would ran on all fours, at least by the sound of the claws meeting the wood.

"Open the door already" Mary cryed, as her heart beated faster, panicing. As she could feel the eyes of the creature on her again.

It was over. On the second night....

But then finally, the lock made a clicking noise, and she feel flat into the room. Before quickly crawling away from the door. Allowing the red head to close the door, just before some sharp claws broke through it.

Mary looked at the scene in shock, seeing the black claws, make some deep cuts into the wood.
Before the thing on the other side, finally pulled its hand or paw away.

Leaving the door alone, and leaving the girls alone with the shock.

"A-are you okay?" A girl asked sitting next to Mary, softly holding her hand.

Mary didn't recognised her, it also a black haired girl, but her hair was shorter, and she had banks.
Her eyecolor was hard to tell, since the light of the room was pretty dim.

But after only looking at the girl, without saying anything. She could tell, that she was getting nervous. "I-i'm sorry. I-" the girl let go of Marys hand, covering her face.

Mary quickly shakes her head, finally answering "Oh, no. Don't be sorry. I'm fine..." She quickly tryes to reasure the girl.
"Are you Marissa? Claires roommate?"

The girl nodded, looking at her avoiding eye contact. Even in the dark.

Well at least for now, because Claire already went over to light up a few candels. Letting the room appear more welcoming.

It looked exactly like Marys and Isobels room. Only that half of it was really messy with clothes. And the other one, very clean looking and decorated with flowers.

The messy side, is probably Claires, Mary thought. Not realising that she was starring at Marissa once again, while thinking.

Which made the pretty shy girl, look away from her once again. Now with a small blush on her face.

"Mary, if you're finished starring at Marissa, can we finally talk about today?" Claire brought her back from her thoughts.

"What? Yes, of course." Mary answered before, softly smiling at Marissa "i'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare."

The girl nodded, and went over to the bed on the left Side of the room.

Probably going back to sleep, Mary thought.

"Now then..." Claire tryed to bring Marys attention back to her. "Do we need much of a backstory or will you just tell me right away, why talking about your 'type of love' made you cry today?"

Mary stayed quiet for a moment. "I don't know, its not that easy to explain..."

Claire nodded and patted to place next to her on the bed. "Its fine, if you need some time. I just want to know If I have to prepare for something bad or not..."

Mary sighs and made her way over to sit down, next to the red head. "You'll be suprised. Its not really a special or interesting story. But it still confuses me about myself 'till today"

"What story could possible confuse you as much, to even make you cry? Have you been cheated on? Did a girl ruin your dreams?"

Mary shook her head. "No, its way more simple....but still, I was very young and didn't understand my feelings well back then."

Claire softly lays a hand on her back. "You can tell me, I just want to understand and apologize If my comments made you feel bad ..."

"Okay then, but please don't expect to much....." Mary sighs, looking at the wall in front of her. Trying to recall her past, and the moment that made her so confused about herself.

...."it all started when i was 11..."

To be continued....

Yes, Mistress (New)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara