book 2 chapter 2: a new mentor?

During their reunion near the docked royal fire sloop, on the other dock, Korra had finishing up a hug with her father: Tonraq.

Korra: I hope that you two have been well since I left for Republic city.

Senna: we've been fabulous. I also noticed that the fire princess had arrived as well.

Korra: both she and her brother always enjoyed the festival. But.....

Josh: (offside) WHY IN BLAZES IS IT SO COLD?!?!

After hearing that, Korra, Mako, Tonraq and Senna share a laugh at his discomfort.

Tonraq: (amused) that kid never did liked the cold, did he?

Korra: Nope. (Gestures to her boyfriend, Mako) you remember Mako?

Mako: (offers his hand to Tonraq) sir.

Tonraq: (Sternly, a little bit) I hope you're not getting my daughter into anymore trouble up in the city.

Mako: ah-well-no.

Korra: relax dad. He hasn't been getting me into trouble.

Bolin: (walks past the group) Wow! Look at all these people that came out to greet us.

Korra tells him that the crowd had gathered to greet someone else as a Northern Water tribe ship arrives.

Tonraq: (unamused, folds his arms infront of him) the great Northern Water chief has come to grace us with his presence. (Sarcasm) Hooray(!)

The new arrival, chief Unalaq greets Korra but was cold towards his own brother. As they walked through the city streets, Jinora was having fun with Maurice until he accidentally bumps into Tenzin.

Maurice: Hi master Tenzin. Apologies for bumping into you like that.

Tenzin: don't worry about it, Maurice. I trust that you have been keeping up with your studies?

Maurice: yep. Has Jinora asked you about me coming along with your trip to the four air temples yet?

Tenzin: She did and you're more than welcome to join us.

Further down the road, a disagreement between the two chiefs took place as Josh tries to be the voice of reason.

Josh: chief Tonraq. I know that you and the others tried your best in teaching Korra in what it means to be the avatar but don't you think that it's time for her to have a new mentor? Someone who knows a thing or two about spirits?

Tonraq: I'm not changing my decision to change Korra's teacher, Josh. Tenzin is her teacher.

Josh: yea he is. but in air bending, not in the ways of the spirits.

Unalaq: it seems that the fire princess' bodyguard is on my side of the discussion, brother.

Josh: I'm not on anyone's side, chief Unalaq. I'm merely trying to be the voice of reason.

Tonraq remains to be stubborn in regards to his answer. Not even Korra could convince him otherwise. Josh walked back to Ophelia's side.

Ophelia: you did what you can, Josh.

Josh: Thanks. I just hope that Tonraq would change his mind.

Maurice: (calls out to the pair, rushing over towards them) Hey, guys!

Ophelia: what's up, little brother?

Maurice: I would like to introduce you to someone. (Eagerly grabs both Josh and Ophelia's hands) come on!

Concerned about Ophelia's little brother's excitement, both Josh and Ophelia looked at each other in confusion. Maurice bring his sister and her bodyguard to an impressive yacht that's docked.