book 1 chapter 11: blood bender revealed

Air Temple Island,
Tenzin is currently asleep in bed with his wife until his son, Meelo was woken up by the phone.

Meelo: (annoyed) Who is this? It's six in the morning! This better be important!

Tenzin takes the phone from his son only to find out that Korra is missing. He immediately rushed to city hall where he had just finished telling Saihkan about a supposed equalist attack.

Tenzin: what happend?

Tarrlok: as I was telling officer Saihkan, Korra came to city hall when we were attacked by the equalists. I tried my best to defend the avatar but we were outmatched. (To Saihkan) can you ask the commissioner to mobilise the entire force?

Saihkan: I can certainly try. But he probably think that mobilising the force to search for the avatar would be problematic.

Josh: I doubt that it'll be a problem but I'll certainly investigate what happened, myself.

Tarrlok: you have the gratitude of the entire city, commissioner.

Meanwhile, Lin learns that the avatar was missing as she readies herself for the day. She knew that Josh would give her clearance to release Korra's friends from prison. Ophelia and Josh learn from his inner man that the equalists never attacked city hall which begs the question: who has Korra?

Josh: (slaps himself on the head) That's it!

Ophelia: what's it?

Josh: the answer is staring at us in the face, Tarrlok has Korra.

Sometime later
Most of the council, Lin, the new team avatar gathered at city hall.

Lin: you've done a remarkable job as commissioner, Josh.

Josh: It’s been stressful.

Lin: don't worry. Be the time when the equalists are no longer around, I'll return as chief.

Josh: honestly, I don’t know how you handle the stress.

The group were joined by Tarrlok when he feigned innocence as he asked for an update on the search.

Josh: we know what happened. (Points to Tarrlok) You've abducted the avatar!

Tarrlok: I'm shocked you would accuse me of such an evil act! I already explained: Equalists attacked us and took her!

Ophelia: yeah right. When we had a through investigation, you planted the evidence in attempt to frame the equalists for something they didn't even do! You're no better when Hiroshi framed Cabbage Corp.

Tarrlok: That is a ridiculous accusation!

Josh: then where were the chi blockers? If you and Korra fought against the equalists, they'd sure to have sent chi blockers as well.

Council page: (offside) that's because there weren't any. Tarrlok took Korra! Last night, Korra came to city hall when councilman Tarrlok ordered me to leave. On my way out, I saw Tarrlok in the garage.

Tarrlok: (enraged)  That is nonsense! (Page cowers behind the pillar as he points at him.) Everyone knows you're nothing but a squeaky-voiced liar!

Josh: (Raises his eyebrow as he calmly walks forward a little) why didn't you say anything?

Council page: I didn’t say anything because......

Ophelia: (slowly moves into a stance) because what?

Council page: because councilman Tarrlok is a blood bender!

Everyone went into a stance when they learned that Tarrlok is a blood bender but Tarrlok automatically blood bends everyone till they were knocked out.

Ophelia: (overshadows Josh) come on, Josh. Wake up.

-slap-

Josh: ah! I'm awake! Where's- no! Blast! Tarrlok played me like a piano!

Ophelia: relax, He didn't just played you but everyone else. Tarrlok shouldn't have gone far.

Saihkan: commissioner, we've got patrols out there searching for councilman Tarrlok.

Sometime later
Korra has been found when Naga brought her back to the city.

The next chapter: under attack!