book 1 chapter 1: Avatar Korra

Once upon a time, In a city of non benders and average benders, there's a unique bender who lived with the chef of the city's police force. The city is known as Republic city. As for the unique bender, he has the ability to bend the very weakness of metal benders: Platinum. The unique bender's name is known as Josh Beifong.

-Republic city, United Republic, the day when Korra arrived-

While he is looking around the city, Josh is trying to find a good idea of a gift for the chief as thanks for raising him since he was very young.

Josh: (pushes his glasses while having a look in a store) hmm. Ah, I don’t know what mum would like for a gift.

Store clark: looking for an idea for your mother?

Josh: yea.

The clark started to show him what was available in the store until the road outside started to shift after a car sped past the store. Not wanting to get his glasses ruined, Josh takes them off and placed his glasses in a case. He brings out a mini case that housed his contact lenses. Josh carefully placed his contacts into his eyes. After he left the store, the car suddenly stopped in place, Josh raised his arms and gestures to the side prompting the car to flip.

Josh: (walks away from the mess) typical triple triads... always causing problems when there's no need.

He didn't know that a polar bear dog ran past him as a police airship followed it. Josh felt that it didn't matter to him but thrusts his hands towards the airship as a couple of wires appeared from his belt.

Josh: (to himself) guess that I better check in with mum.

-on board the airship-
A young woman dressed in Water tribe clothes was restrained by a police officer as a transport took the polar bear dog to the police pound.

Officer: inform the Chief that we'll be bringing a 'special' guest for integration.

Officer 2: you got it. But shouldn't you tell him first?

The first officer was confused about the question as Josh spoke up.

Josh: I've been wondering about the polar dog creature earlier today.

Officer 1/2: (stands to attention) Lt. Beifong!

Josh: at ease officers. I hope that you two don't mind me taking along for the ride, do you?

Officer 2: we don't mind. But isn't it your day off from duty?

Josh: (places his hand on the officer's armoured shoulder) I know that it's a day off. But I want to see how the Chief is doing. Though, there's one thing I would like to ask you both.

The officers looked at him confused as he asked who they had arrested only to find that they arrested a water tribe girl with the ability to bend roughly three elements.

Josh: So what you’re saying is that You arrested the avatar?

Officer 1: yes sir.

Josh: (dropsweat) really? I'm not on duty at the moment. Anyway, allow me to have a chat with her for a little. Please let me know when we've arrived.

Officers agreed to do so as Josh went to see the avatar.

Josh: seems that you've got a lot of accounts of property damage. I doubt that you have any money to repair the damage.

?: okkkay? For starters, those crooks started the mess and-

Suddenly, Josh hand chops the avatar which made her held her head in pain.

Josh: you're lucky that I was in the area to knock their getaway car off the street.

?: that was you? Who are you?

Josh: oh right. I completely forgot to introduce myself, my name is Lieutenant Joshua BeiFong. And I think that it's best for you to do the same.

?: it's Korra.

Sometime later,
the chief of Republic city police, chief Beifong was annoyed with a bald man who was dressed in robes and has arrow tattoos all over. As they were chatting, Josh appears from the side.

Josh: apologies for interrupting your chat, mum and Tenzin. But isn't Korra the avatar? Not some pet to keep in a cage?

Tenzin: this doesn't concern you, Josh.

Chief Beifong: (Realises her son's point) Actually, he does have a point. I too agree with Josh on this.

Tenzin: (annoyed) we're not changing Korra's living arrangements!

Josh: (folds his arms, raises an eyebrow) have you forgotten how your father mastered all the four elements during the hundred year war?

Tenzin tried to counter his point and gave up. He reluctantly agreed with Josh and organise Korra to stay at Air Temple Island.

The next chapter: Pro bending sport