book 1 chapter 8: more questions than answers

After the chaos at the pro bending arena had settled the next morning, Josh was called in by his mother to help investigate the arena. As Korra arrived with her polar bear dog, Naga.

Josh: (walks over to give Naga a pat) and who's this adorable critter?

Korra: this is Naga. She's a polar bear dog.

Josh: I've never had the chance to meet one before.

Korra: you have now. By the way, shouldn't you be with the fire princess as usual today?

Josh: I'm going to see her after the clean up here. What are you going to do now that the season is over?

Korra: I'm going to focus on my air bending lessons with Tenzin. Why?

Josh: just curious. A heads up though, Tarrlok would be expecting you to return to his task force.

Korra: there's no way I'm going back to that fool's task force. I'd rather be with my friends than be his puppet.

Josh: whoa there. There's no need to get feisty, I was only giving you the heads up. Why are you here, anyway?

Korra: Tenzin has invited both Mako and Bolin to stay at Air temple Island. I was about to go and see them.

After that she heads off to see the boys and invited them to stay at air temple Island but found out that they were invited to stay at the Sato compound instead. Later, Josh leads a squad of police officers to a company called Cabbage Corp. The officers found Equalist propaganda and electrical  gloves.

Saihkan: looks like our Intel was correct from your inner man, Lieutenant.

Josh: tag and bag em.

The officers escort the ceo of Cabbage Corp to a waiting police car as reporters swarm the lieutenant while they ask questions.

Josh: I'm going to say this once: with a number of equalist equipment uncovered, Cabbage Corp will be shut down for the time being.

Lau Gan-Lan: (being dragged off) No! Not my Cabbage Corp!

At the police station, Lin congratulated Josh's success in busting Cabbage Corp and their assets. Hiroshi thanked him for his efforts and extended an invitation to have tea as Ophelia arrived with her royal guards.

Lin: by the time we've finished our investigation, I'd say that there's a pormotion in store for you, Josh.

Josh: I don't really know about whether or not to accept it. I'm just doing my job.

Ophelia: you've done a fantastic job in helping the investigation. You've earned it.

Later that night,
Korra had told Josh, Ophelia, Lin and Tenzin what she heard while she was at the Sato estate. Josh had a ponder like when he found the equalist equipment at Cabbage Corp.

Tenzin: you think Mr. Sato manufactured those gloves for the Equalists then framed Cabbage Corp?

Lin: That's a bold accusation, but what proof do you have?

Korra: nothing so far.

Josh: he does have both the motive, means and money.

Ophelia: That's right he does have the alibi.

Korra: Alibi?

Tenzin explains that Hiroshi had a problem with benders since he lost his wife during a break in by the Angi Hai Triad. Josh suggested that they should get a warrant in case they encountered some trouble which was a good idea. The next morning, Korra and the others arrived at the estate to ask more questions for Hiroshi.

Mako: What's going on? Why is the lieutenant and the chief asking Hiroshi more questions?

Korra tried to explain what she heard the other day and this made Asumi quite upset. She went to her father's office and claims that her father's innocent.

Josh: if your father's innocent, then you don't mind if we have a look at all of your factorys?

Hiroshi: if that'll ease your suspensions, then by all means.

During that time, the Republic police searched through all the factories and found nothing.

Asumi: you've done your search, now can you leave?

Josh: why are you so keen to get rid of us? Something sounds like you have something to hide.

Asumi: I don't know what you're talking about.

Mako: That's right. She doesn't have anything to do with the equalists, lieutenant.

Josh didn't say anything as he walked back to the others. He was convinced that something's amiss.

The next chapter: secret revealed