book 2 chapter 1: the glacier festival

Six months have passed since Amon's defeat.
Mako had joined the Republic city's police force after Josh had left the force to be a full-time bodyguard for the fire princess. Speaking of the fire princess, Ophelia is currently very busy with getting some of her clothes ready as Josh arrives at the royal fire palace (not the main palace in the fire nation but a smaller one).

Josh: ok? Did I come at a wrong time?

Royal servant 1: the princess needs her winter coat! Where is it?

Royal servant 2: I've just brought it in from the line.

Josh asked one of the servants what's going on and found out that Ophelia had received an invitation from one of her brothers to come to the southern water tribe for the glacier festival. Josh didn't like the sound of that as he never did like anywhere that's too hot or too cold. (Temperature wise). He went to find the princess in her study only to have something covered his head.

Josh: (something covered his head) gah! (Pouts) hmm....

Ophelia: (offside) Hey, Elise? I can't find Maurice's gift from the current visit. (Finds Josh at the doorway while he had something covering his head) oh! You've been looking after Maurice's new cloak, Josh?

Josh: define looking after the cloak...

Ophelia giggles at his response and heads towards him to remove the cloak. She knew that Josh would complain about the cold, Ophelia told him about her brother's invitation. Surprisingly, Josh does enjoy going to the festival. Over at air temple Island, Korra had won an air scooter race against the air bender kids.

Ikki: (pouts) no fair! You can't go into the Avatar State to win!

Korra blows a raspberry at the annoyed Ikki as Tenzin came over followed by his brother, Bumi.

Tenzin: you did what? (Sternly) The Avatar State is not to be used as a booster rocket! You are toying with a dangerous power that you obviously do not appreciate!

Korra: (confident) It's the Avatar State and I'm the Avatar. Who appreciates it more than me?

Tenzin: (bluntly) clearly, you need more training to grasp the depths of your spiritual connections, not to mention that you're still a long way from mastering airbending.

Jinora: far from Maurice's level of air bending mastery?

Korra: who's Maurice?

Tenzin: another student who does appreciate my lessons. (Fold his arms infront of him) Unlike a certain avatar...

Ikki: Jinora has a crush on Ophelia's little brother.

Jinora: (Annoyed, blushes madly) IKKI! I told you to stop teasing me!

Ikki: what? You and Meelo tease me all the time.

While Jinora chase after her sister, Korra demonstrates her own take on air bending mastery. Tenzin's brother, Bumi was impressed as Tenzin wasn't.

Tenzin: (to his daughters) enough, you two. Anyway, you mastered "Korra" style of air bending. (Pulls out a map with a mini version of his head with a thumbs up) Hopefully our visit to all the air temples will give you the inspiration you need to look more deeply into your studies.

Jinora: Will Maurice be able to join us? Can we see where grandpa Aang grew up?

Meelo: how many lemur can I have?

Ikki: (eagerly) I wanna get tattoos! But instead of arrows, I want lightning bolts!

Jinora: (deadpan) you can't get lighting bolts, Ikki. It doesn't make sense.

Ikki: (angrily) you don't make any sense!

Meelo tried to get his sisters to fight but Tenzin instantly stopped them. Korra tells the kids about a visit to the southern water tribe for the glacier festival before Tenzin's trip. That night, a couple of ships are En-route to the southern tribe. One of them is a fire navy sloop with its figurehead in royal colours sailing alongside a steam ship.

 One of them is a fire navy sloop with its figurehead in royal colours sailing alongside a steam ship

(Ophelia's ship)

On-board the royal sloop, Josh finds that Ophelia is planning to return to the fire nation to check in with the fire lord after the festival as well as her little brother joining Tenzin in his trip around the four air temples

On-board the royal sloop, Josh finds that Ophelia is planning to return to the fire nation to check in with the fire lord after the festival as well as her little brother joining Tenzin in his trip around the four air temples. At dawn, a dragon has been following the two ships till they docked at the southern water tribe port.

Air bender kids: (rush to hug their grandmother) Gran gran!

Katara: (smiles) oh my. You've grown big.

As her siblings were saying hello to their aunt, Kya. Jinora was looking around for someone else when she had her eyes covered from behind.

?: guess who, Jine?

Jinora: (smirks) I don't know.

She turns to see a boy around her age and was very happy.

Jinora: (excited) Maurice!

Maurice: it's been awhile, Jinora.

Jinora: I'll say. How's your air bending coming?

Maurice: it's been coming along nicely.

As the two catch up, Maurice had his own eyes covered from behind.

Ophelia: peak-a-boo, Momo (Maurice's nickname from his sister and eventually from Jinora).

Maurice turns to see his older sister and gave her a hug. Ophelia gives her brother a smaller version of Tenzin's cloak as a present. He was very happy with the present.

The next chapter: a new mentor?