book 1 chapter 2: pro bending sport

Over the next few days,
Josh had been visiting Tenzin and his family. The three kids looked up to him as a bigger brother but the main reason for Josh visiting Air Temple Island was to ensure that Korra was to have some breaks from her lessons of being a fully fledged avatar. Tenzin on the other hand, he tried to remind Josh not to get in the way of her air bender lessons. But that didn't stop the Republic city police Lieutenant from encouraging the avatar to relax every once in a while. However, one day at lunch.

Josh: I don't understand why you don't want Korra to have some R/R from training, Tenzin. And don't say that pro bending is a mockery of the bending arts. A couple of friends enjoy the sport.

Tenzin: avatar Korra doesn't need to relax. She's here to learn air bending.

Josh: (thinks) I can understand why mother had to break up with him.... he's too much of a wet blanket....

As they continued to chat over some tea, Josh was hugged from the side by one of Tenzin's kids, Ikki. She looks up to Josh as an older brother.

Tenzin: (chuckles, changing to a friendly topic) Ikki and the kids have missed spending time with you, Josh.

Josh: I did notice.

Ikki started asking all kinds of questions like 'how he was doing' and 'will the royal fire siblings arrive?'. That particular question instantly was answered when they heard a ship horn on approach to Republic City. Realising that he was supposed to be at the docks for their arrival, Josh thanked Tenzin for the tea and heads to a police airship. He quickly rushed to the dock just as the royal fire navy had started its docking procedures.

Lin: (unamused) Josh, you're late.

Josh: Sorry, mum. I was having tea with councilman Tenzin discussing about Korra's schedule.

Lin smirks, knowing that her adopted son would be a pain in Tenzin's butt in regards of Korra's schedule. A unit of royal fire guard lined up to form a path as a young woman with in a royal fire nation outfit and armour.

Josh: (kneels) your highness.

?: it's been awhile. Hasn't it, Josh.

The new arrival hugs her friend and saw Lin who invited her to the police station. In the chief's office, the fire princess, Ophelia requested to Lin that her friend would be assigned to her as a bodyguard which he loved doing it.

That night, the two went to the opening night of a spectacular sport (and so called mockery) known as pro bending.

Josh: the Fire Ferrets are hoping to be apart of the upcoming tournament.

Ophelia: do they have a sponsor yet?

Josh: Dunno. Anyway, how's the fire lord, Maurice, Iroh and Lord Zuko?

Ophelia: they're been fine. Maurice has been busy practising his air bending skills along with his fire side. Mum's been kept busy with watching over the home land. And grandfather? Well, he's been flying around on his dragon, keeping an eye on (whispers) those special prisons. Iroh, he's been kept busy as General of the Republic forces.

The pair continue to watch the first match.

The next chapter: Korra joins the team