(Story #2): Dragon Prince(part6)

Rimuru and Kagali managed to get out of the dungeon and then also managed to sneak out of the gates of the kingdom's capital in a rather absurd and violent way, which will be explained later on.

They escaped in a royal carriage after meeting with other Nasca emissaries. In which the Nasca emissaries just obeyed his orders to escape without much question.

On their winding journey in the early morning, heading fast to the Nasca kingdom, Kagali just sat quietly in the carriage. Every once in a while she sneaked a glance at Rimuru who sat in front of her

He seems to be in a stressful situation with the worry that is becoming more evident on his face and demeanour now.

Such as lowering his head while often frowning in annoyance, eyes darting to the left and right, and clenched fists so strongly that they trembled.

Kagali stared intently at the black gloves wrapped around his palm since yesterday and saw the traces of their efforts to escape. It was filthy and nearly torn.

The effort made her reminisce about how they could all escape her kingdom safely.

-----------

They all moved swiftly from one street to another in the capital with four royal carriages.

At that moment the streets were very dark and the once 'alive' capital city was now practically 'dead' without a sound, with all the doors and windows of the houses and shops tightly shut.

A different atmosphere at night where it used to be lively in Kagali's memory, but sadly gloomy after Jaahil took over her kingdom.

Only the sound of their horse's hooves and neighing echoed on the street, along with the sound of the wheels of their carriages spinning and often tripping over unstable surfaces.

Not long after, they suddenly stopped in the middle of the street which was not far from the exit gate of the kingdom.

"Why do we stop!"

Rimuru asked with a bit of impatience while leaning his head out of the carriage window.

"Forgive us, Rimuru-sama. But we think you should see this..."

Answered one of the Nasca emissaries.

Hearing that, Rimuru got out of his carriage to see for himself what was blocking their way.

And unexpectedly, several meters in front of them 20 elf soldiers were guarding the gate. 10 of them are swordsmen who wear royal dark green light armour with gold stripes on the edges.

They are an infantry force of this kingdom.

While the rest of the squad, wearing glamorous bright green magic robes with pure gold thread embroidery in the shape of the pride symbol of the Ultra-Magic Elf kingdom.

They are the proud mages of this kingdom.

Kagali also came out of the carriage to see what was happening. And when her eyes laid on the elven soldiers in front, she was quickly engulfed in a feeling of unease and anxiety.

"T-they... they are the strongest Paladins in this Kingdom...the Royal Magic Knights, the Alistάirs."

Kagali explained with a feeling of uneasiness becoming increasingly enveloping her heart.

'I can't believe that bastard even took out the only elite defence force of this kingdom at his whim...damn it.'

She thought after that, biting her dry lips in distress.

The Alistάirs, the most renowned and strongest warrior team in the Ultra-Magic Elf Kingdom. They were trained so efficiently that they managed to ascend to the Enlightened One. They consisted of 10 unyielding swordsmen and 10 wizards-rank who were well-versed in offensive magic.