(Story #2): Dragon Prince(part4)

My name is Kagali. I am a princess of this Ultra-Magic elven kingdom and the only daughter of the king of this kingdom....which is my father...

Lately he has been behaving very strangely and differently than usual. And over time, his strange behavior became more and more apparent with a sudden arrogant appearance out of nowhere, as if he was no longer the kind and humble father I knew but...

Someone else...someone else who looked like my father.

It all started one night, where I just wanted to fall asleep but failed because suddenly I heard my father's voice screaming like "Get out of my head!" and "Aarrgh! I said get out!" like that, in the throne room.

I then hurried to the throne room and only found my father sitting on his throne as if nothing happened. His face was not visible because it was hidden by the shadows of the night, he sat while resting his face on his fists.

But for some reason, I can feel his gaze like a predator that has found its prey and a very different and terrifying vibe even in the dark.

"F-father, are you all right? I kind of heard your scream earlier. So I just want to check it out."

I stuttered a bit as I came closer to him.

As I came closer to him, he then said.

"Oh? So you're the daughter of this damn stubborn elf, huh?"

Hearing that I was very surprised and my eyes widened. And suddenly, this throne room was stormed by four guards who are actually my subordinates.

"F-father, what is going on?"

I was surprised by what happened and really hoped that my father could explain it quickly. However, I regretted it in the end because what came out of my father--no that person's mouth really made me bitter and didn't believe in reality.

"Seize her and lock her up in the dungeon!"

He ordered in a harsh tone and finally got up from his throne and revealed his face which had been hiding behind the shadows. And from there, I could clearly see his eyes and gaze very different from my real father. A very arrogant and greedy look as if I was a new toy for him.

The four guards then quickly came closer and grabbed my shoulders hard and violently to prevent me from escaping.

"Flint! What are you all doing?! Get your hands off me!"

I yelled the name of my subordinate Flint, who was the leader of these four, while trying to loosen their grip on my shoulder.

The four of them are one of my elf subordinates who are very loyal to me but I was surprised and wondered why? Why did my loyal and trusted subordinate grab hold of me like a criminal and follow that person's orders? He, who is the imposter of the real king.

I then quickly looked Flint straight in the eye. And it surprised me again, when I looked into his eyes I only saw withering and empty. In fact, the faces of the four of them were very pale and emotionless like puppets.

By accident, my analysis skills were activated and detected...there were some traces of unknown ancient magic that were identified as mind dominance over them. They are completely nothing but puppets.

And I will ask that to the perpetrator who is staring at me sadistically, who is on the throne that should belong to my real father.

"Who are you? And what have you done to my father and my subordinates, huh?!"

I asked, looking straight into his eyes.

Hearing my question, he smiled and came closer to me who was still being held by my subordinates whose minds had been controlled by him.