Chapter 19

The door opens and mom pops her head in, I have been in my room since I returned home. Looking at the photos we took when we were stuck in our own bubble, now that bubble is gone and it sucks. I switch off my phone giving mom my attention.

"Hey. How did it go?" She asks hopefully.

"Same has you left her the last time you visited mom." Which two days ago. She looks at me disapprovingly. "Sorry, she is getting stronger." Her sigh tells me this is about to be another long talk. "Mom do you think it's a bad idea if I don't go to terchery school?"

"Well it's not about good or bad, but I look at it as an opportunity. Some people would want to go but don't have the opportunity and some of those who have that only misuse that opportunity." She looks around my room. "I thought you didn't want to go so you can focus on your designs."

"Yeah but what do you think,"

"I think there are plenty of subjects you can study on, think of it as expanding your knowledge ask yourself how your future looks like, do you want to use the money we saved up for your education on business? I want whats best for you so ask yourself what is this best that you need because you don't want to end up doing things you dislike."

"Right." She walks over as my phone lights up with a text notification but on the screen happens to be a sleeping Olivia on my chest, so I flip the phone hoping she didn't catch anything.

"Hey there is still time, you finished high-school."

"Thanks mom."

She smiles and leaves. Let me look up a few schools and see what they have to offer.

***
A month later mom has flipped the house upside down, don't know what to say, the music is too loud. "Hey turn up the volume." Chris calls from outside.

Wish I could  just go in my room and take a nap. They are not too many people but I like I'm stuck with a hundred people. I am walking passed the door when it opens. So I stop to see who it is.

She's wearing denim jacket on a white knee length dress, her midsection is see through. Our eyes lock, this is the first time I am seeing her since I left the hospital. She looks good, her curled hair loosely falling over her shoulders. 

"Olivia?" Mom's voice cuts through our staring contest. She rushes over. "Happy you could make it."

"Your invitation didn't give me much of a choice." They giggle about, I just want to go. "Happy for you Spencer, you got into one of the best schools."

My heart flutters, excited at being acknowledged. "Thank you," turning on my feet to head outside.

"Yo, how are you feeling? He knows about Olivia and I, I had to tell somebody otherwise I was going to go crazy. He helped me clear my mind so of course he would worry now that she's here.

"Yeah I'm good."

I don't know what he wants to say but whatever it is gets swallowed up in his throat when patience and Kia join us. Passing us drinks. "We are going to miss you once you go off to school, promise you will visit." Patience says.

"Why should I promise, what about yourself."

Throwing her head back laughing, I see Olivia head back inside. I wasn't really looking for her,  it's hard for me not to notice when her presence calls for my attention. Maybe this is wrong but I am not immune.

Taking big heavy steps I make my way inside, mom is in the kitchen with I don't know, and I don't have time to look further. Heading for the bathroom, we meet outside my room. It's opened, bet Darnell forgot to close it. "Sorry looking for the bathroom she says,"