Chapter 8

"A trip?" he scoffs. "You were serious about that." He sips on his beer, changes the channel to a basketball game. "And where do you want to go?"

"I want to visit the Victoria Falls," he looks at me and back at the television. "I hear it thunders down there, I found a travel agency, offering a package deal, accommodation and actives inclusive." Sending him the brochure quickly. "That is the brochure, there happens to be a discount. How lucky are you since you are the one paying?"

He laughs while going through it. "You have really thought this through?"

"This is all I ask for."

"Your mother would want to celebrate it with you." He thinks for a second. "Experience is the best way to leave. That way when you return we can start discussing about your future career." Right, I haven't told him that I don't want to be a lawyer. "So you leave on your birthday?"

"I'll be right back, let me get a glass of water."

"Bring me another bottle."

I glance at the four empty ones and leave the room.

The kitchen smells really nice but there is only one significance bringing life to it. I glance behind me quickly before tiptoeing and wrapping my hands around her waist. "You're being naughty Spencer." She says, I fear surprising her sometimes because if she should ever think I am Cory, it would hurt. But Olivia manages to know when it's me.

"How did you know?" moving to the fridge.

"Lucky guess." its my worst fear that one day she will assume its Cory.

"What are you cooking?"

"nothing fancy just the usual."

"You should add yourself on the table." Her eyes meet mine just for a quick second before glancing away.

"I'm a full course meal Spencer," she sets the spoon down approaches me, like a lioness. "Do you think you can manage that?"

Standing up straight, I take a few steps pressing her against the counter. She aches her back making sure our bodies are aligned. Enjoying the heat radiating from our bodies. Every nerve ending in my body is alert. Pulsing my senses away.

We hear footsteps and I step back. Her smile is mischievous and hides her true agenda of what she would want to do right now. I really hope she joins me on the trip, nodding at her before retreating to the sitting room with a glass of water and a cold beer for him.

We continue discussing the details and in the end its settled.

I will go down to the Victoria falls in Zambia and spend four days there. Exploring a different part of the world. He asks if I would like to have Chris join me but I decline. This is a one man's trip, in everyone's eyes of course.

Later I help Olivia with setting the table, preparing for our supper. Enjoying our little cycle, we are creating. There is more I want to learn about her and I love and appreciate she's giving me this chance.

"So apparently we won't have a birthday celebration." He says, putting some food on his plate. Olivia glances at me but doesn't react. I am still not sure if she will come with me. "What do you think?"

"What does he want to do?"

"He wants to travel."

"Traveling is nice, if you have the right mind for it." Her eyes lighting up.

I take this opportunity to talk with her. "Culture exploration and just to see the Lord's creation, i think i have the right mind."

"I look at it like it's an artistic journey." She says, tip toeing around me wanting to do graphics. "It's a good idea, you will learn a lot on this journey." Maybe it's just me but she has that mischievous smirk letting me know there is more in what she said." Our eyes don't linger for too long.