Chapter 11- Rebel Cane

Willow Cane P.O.V. (District 11 Reaping)

Side Note: Lots of cursing this chapter!

"Wake up brats!" Someone screeches.

Great. Another wonderful day in the orphanage in 11. Run by miss dream killer, Caritta. She hates us all. It makes me want to laugh. My bunk shakes, and I am greeted by Pepper. That bitch.

"What could you possibly want?" I say.

"I just wanted to say that I hate you." Pepper says.

"Love you to." I roll my eyes.

After my 10 extra glorious minutes of sleep, Caritta herself comes into our room.

"Oh my, The great Caritta has graced us with her presence." I say in a mock tone.

"Get ready you stupid brats." She hisses.

"And you, come with me."

Caritta drags me by the hair to the basement.

"This is where all the idiot cocky brats go. Also known as you."

"Haha. You're funny. I just love how you try to be like me! I mean, just imitating my whole attitude? Priceless!" I catch her off guard, and kick her in the stomach.

"I'll report you!" She screams.

"Like I care!" I reply.

I stride into the main room, and realize I'm still in my PJs. I run upstairs and grab my Reaping outfit: A white dress that stops at my knees, with so many gold accessories. Rolling my eyes, I take a pair of scissors and cut slits in either side of the dress, which now shows my sides. Then, I hack away at the tulle skirt, leaving it ripped. I throw all the gold out the window- literally- and take out chunky black jewelry. A obsidian bracelet and necklace, which is matched with giant black hoop earrings. Then I pull out a pair of shoes from an old brand called Vans, slip them on, and mess up my hair. Perfect.

Caritta still hasn't found her way out of the basement- or just doesn't want to. Probably the latter.

"Alright losers. Let's get down to business." (If anyone comments about a song that that line is in I shall give you a shout out) I say as I strut into the dining room.

It's in utter chaos. Pepper, Ryan, and Julie, (The Queen Three) are forcing the younger kids to do everything. Including... Making breakfast! Oh no! Poor kids!

"I'm in charge. Pepper, get you and your pet idiots down and go make breakfast." I command.

"No way! Go make it yourself lazy bitch." Ryan retorts.

"Shut the hell up and go." I tell her.

When she doesn't move, I pull out a knife that was stuck in the table.

"What a pretty little face... Would be a shame to ruin it." I say, tracing the knife around Peppers face.

"Okay! Go!" She yells, and the 3 of them scurry off.

I grin happily. I think I'll keep this knife for future purposes.

"Listen up! Peppers making breakfast. Everyone older than 10, start helping with setting the table. Everyone younger than 10, go get ready for the Reaping. Is that clear?" I say.

Nobody moves.

"Is that clear?!" I screech.

Now, everyone nods and hurries off. I smirk. I really hate this place.

•••

30 minutes later Pepper and Friends- that should be a TV show name- have breakfast on the table. Eggs, (which were stolen), bread, (which was stolen), butter, (which was stolen), milk, (which was stolen) and sausage, which, yes, was stolen.

"Thank you ladies. Just kidding. This has got to be the worst breakfast I've ever had. Now get out of my sight." I command.

"Let's eat!" I roar.

The kids all clap, stomp their feet, and yell.

"Rebel Cane! Rebel Cane!" They chant.

Hmm. I like that name. Rebel Cane.

I grin.

"Thank you, thank you. As you all know, today is the Reaping. Where-" I start, but am cut off.

"Two of you brats will be taken away from us- forever. Which is an AMAZING thing. Less mouths to feed! All hail the Capitol!" Caritta says.

"Shut up Caritta nobody likes you!" We all say.

"Little brats." Caritta rolls her eyes and saunters off.

Pepper, Ryan and Julie come back in, all ready for the Reaping. Pepper is wearing an older dress that's red, white and black. Ryan is wearing jean shorts and a crop top, while Julie is wearing a maxi dress in black, white, and pink chevron. They all look like clowns, slaves to the Capitol.

"Alright, unless you wish to have the Peacekeepers murder you, line up in two lines, boys on one side, girls on the other." Caritta commands.

"Sure bitch." I say under my breath.

We walk in two straight lines to the square. I take the needle, jam it into my finger, and give the Peacekeeper my blood sample. She nods curtly at me. I couldn't really care less if I get picked. It would get me out of this crap place. But then again, I have a chance of dying, or even worse, having to live like a Capitolite! It would be terrible!

I stare at Pepper who is talking to Ryan and Julie. I wonder what it would be like to have actual friends... Probably boring. I roll my eyes at them.

"Hello District 11!" Ivy California, our super demented escort screams.

Ivy's hair is bright red, with green vines laced in and out. Her skin has been dyed a light green, like a leaf. She's wearing a hideous dress that looks to be made of- yup, you guessed- leaves.

"Our first female is... Pepper Spice!"

I bite my lip, trying not to laugh. She'll die right away, I'm sure. Pepper walks to the stage slowly, staring at Ryan and Julie. They pretend they don't know her. That loser.

"Congratulations Pepper! The next lucky lady joining her is... Willow Cane!"

People around me gasp, knowing of the notorious "Willow Cane". I grin like a maniac. I get to be in an arena where I can kill 12 people! Including Pepper! Caritta was right, all hail the Capitol!

I skip up to the stage on cloud 9.

"Hello dear! You seem-" Ivy starts.

"Fellow tributes! My name is Willow 'Rebel' Cane! I may be a girl from 11, but do not underestimate me! I will hunt you down! Tributes, be ready. Because 12 of us are going to die. And one of them won't be me."

A/N
Haiiiiii!!!!!! I decided to make a nice sarcastic chapter after that really sad, depressing one. You'll find out what happens to Flora if you keep reading. *Smirk* I hope you liked this chapter!
Please follow my friend (won't let me tag!) who just joined! She thinks she's a bad writer, prove her wrong!

Love,
-Kitty