Chapter 5 - Anchors

Solaris Energy P.O.V. (District 5)

Snap! I watch with satisfaction as 3 tree branches all fall to the ground in unison. In one swift motion, I put my double katana sword in there sheath. Grinning at the pile of sticks lying on the leaf-covered ground, take the sheath off and store it under some leaves. Then, I move to a log. And on the log is a bag, and a small white package. I walk to the bag, and pull out my Reaping dress. A red skirt with a white bodice, and a blue shall thing. I slip on my dress, and put on my 3" wedges. God, I hate theses things. After getting ready, I open the package. On the top is a note.

Dear Solaris-
Your sister, Solaria, was amazing. She would never stop talking about anchors though. Did you see this one? And this is shaped like an anchor! She made me laugh. I'm sorry she's gone. I miss her. When she died, she said "Give her an anchor for me, eh?" So I will.
-Triton Pisces

I tear open the package, and inside I find an assortment of gold jewelry. Apparently she liked gold.
In the box is....
1) A gold anchor on a necklace
2) A gold charm bracelet
3) Anchor earrings
4) A red bow with a gold anchor on the center
5) A gold ring

After I put on all the jewelry, I find one more note. It says "Protect Yourself". Under it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. A dagger with a gold hilt, with a diamond in the silver blade. And my name, Solaris Energy is engraved in it. I find two small throwing knives in the package that look just like the dagger also. My sisters' weapon.

"Well, what are you doing here." A voice says.

I spin around.

"Charge! So um... Ready for the Reaping?" I say sheepishly.

"Don't pretend that you just come back here to wave daisy chains and sing to the birds. What do you do?" My brother asks.

"I um... Practice. With my katanas." I admit.

"Isn't that interesting. Solaris-" He starts.

"Charge! Peacekeepers!" I gasp.

The two of us run in different directions. I hid behind a rock, when something grabs my hair. And I am staring into the mask of a Peacekeeper.

"What are you doing here?" He asks forcefully.

"I um...Was following someone! There's someone back there!" I point behind me, and silently say sorry to Charge.

"Get out of here." He drops me, and I scurry away.

I here a scuffle, and then silence. Then I run to the Reaping square.
And when I get there, my eyes grow wide. Some Peacekeepers have forced a boy with a bag over his head to his knees. I think it's- but how did they get here so quickly?

"This boy was discovered in the land outside the District. We will show him the price."

A Peacekeeper points a gun at his head. Without thinking, I throw my knife at him. It finds its home in his heart. And then, everything is thrown into havoc. People are running, trying to escape the gunshots. But I run the opposite direction of the people: To the stage. Once I get there, I practically shove the escort to the microphone, and urge her to start speaking. I hand her the other card that has the name of the second female tribute, and check the original card to see who I saved. My eyes grow wide as I see the name on the card. I really didn't save anyone. I just sped up the process. Because the name on the card reads: Solaris Energy.

A/N
Hi guys! Thanks SO much for 194 views! It means the world to me! Sorry it's been about a week since I updated last (possibly 2 weeks) but I was very busy. I had horseback riding, a LOT of tests, homework, PARCC, and Finals. So thanks for sticking around and not being like "She's not updating, deleting story now."
I'd also like to give a shout out to Mrs.TobiasHawthorne, for being awesome! Also, I have planned out District 6 and District 7, so all I have to do is type them! Since I'm on Memorial Day Break, I'm hoping I can update more! Bye guys!

Love You Guys!
-Kitty